May 8, 2011

To my Mom~



Mom~

So many times on Mother's Day children tend to focus on the good times and
all the things their mothers did well.


I certainly could write about only our good times, since there were many.
Or only comment on what you did well, for you did SO many things wonderfully.~


You guided each of your children to Christ.
You have always given of yourself not only to us but to so many others.
You make the best taco salad in the world
(something I look forward to eating in 2 weeks).
You always made sure that Eric, Shannon and I had MANY wonderful childhood memories and now you insure that we, our children and spouses continue making
beautiful family memories.
People have always loved you and wanted to be around you because of your
personality, wit, and character.


I could go on and on about all of our good times as I celebrate and honor you today.
However I want to reflect on a time that wasn't great. It was during this
period of our life that you did the most teaching and guiding.
It changed me, and changed how I saw you.


At the time of your greatest pain I saw unblievable strength.
There was a time where your life was broken into a million tiny pieces and I saw
you allow God to put it all back together again.
Once your spirit was broken, yet now it soar beautifully, once again.
There were moments that you could not see a future,
now you and I both see that future and it is bright and full of love.



As a child I saw you as my loving mommy.



Today I see you as a lady that I love, respect and cherish as my mother.


3 comments:

Joannah May 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM  

What a beautiful tribute to your mom, Krista! Happy Mothers Day to you. :)

Football and Fried Rice May 8, 2011 at 11:54 PM  

I think your Mom gave you the GREATEST gift of all! One that you are giving Bella!

Happy Mothers Day!!!

The Raudenbush Family May 10, 2011 at 12:51 AM  

What a beautiful post!
Kelly

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP