June 12, 2010

A few things that Kindergarten tought me~


Bella's first year in school is over~
it was an amazing year of learning
for her and for me


she learned about phonics, science, computers, black history, time zones, politics and Presidential elections, the planets, American history, our earth, and so much more~
she can say the days of the week and count to ten in Spanish

she learned what a good friend is like and what a bad one is like
she learned about pop tarts and fried chicken sandwiches
(and loves them both)
she can now read entire books and write me stories
she has reminded me about things I had long forgotten


I learned that it really does hurt as much as I thought it would leaving her at that big school
but watching her grown, learn, and become who she will be was more rewarding than I ever could have imagined
I learned that she can learn just as much from others as she can from me (perhaps more)
I learned that she will hear about things that we don't talk about in our home but that it opens doors of discussion and gives me more opportunity to teach and guide her
I learned that there are still mean girls in school
I learned that it hurts so much more when it is my little girl is being picked on or left out
than it ever did when it was me being picked on and left out
I learned that Bella is stronger than I gave her credit for

I learned that teaching my daughter to say yes ma' am, no sir, thank you and please is still appreciated and awarded
(Bella was award Best Manners at her school)
I learned that wonderful friends will be made for her and for me
(this is all about you Bella F and Carol)


I learned that the summer months are WAY MORE fun than the others!






7 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! June 12, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

What a wondeful year of growth and learning....for both you and Bella!!! I know you are so proud of your sweeet girl.

Enjoy every minute of your summer!!! I can't believe she is going to first grade......~sigh~

xoxo,

Lisa

Football & Fried Rice June 12, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

Well, don't they say we learn all we need to know in Kindergarten? It looks like Bella wasn't the only one learning lessons this year ;)

Briana's Mom June 13, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

What a beautiful post! And what a beautiful and amazing little girl! I cannot believe she is done with kindergarten. Time flies...

I completely understand what you mean by wanting to protect your little girl. I know I cannot protect her from mean kids - I hope she will be strong enough to protect herself.

Happy summer!

Jill June 14, 2010 at 12:24 AM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "HI!". Your daughter Bella is beautiful! Happy Graduation!

Amy June 14, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

Thanks for stopping at my blog! I am going to follow you.

Congrats on your daughter's kindergarten graduation. She is moving on to bigger and better things!

paige June 18, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

what a precious post krista & what a beautiful little girl.
you can tell she will do great things one day, her little miss manners at a young age will just be the beginning.
always delightful to pop in & see you & bella
xo

The Allens June 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

What a sweet and truthful post. I can barely believe that our girls are done with Kindergarten! We miss you all and can't wait to see you in January!!!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP