June 5, 2010

Chasing the wind~



While reading in Ecclesiastes yesterday morning I came across a verse that stopped me cold~

Better one handful with tranquility [peace] than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind. Ecclesiastes 4:6


My life is full of peace (for the most part) and my home is tranquile (at least it strives to be) but the last part 'chasing after the wind' hit me smack dab between the eyes.



What do I chase after?



Perfection?


Stuff? And even more stuff?


More pats on the back?


More money in the bank?


More hours in the day?


More readers for my blog (love y'all)?



Sadly I find myself chasing things that are fleeting. Today I want to chase after what matters most~


a closer walk with God


my hubby


beautiful childhood memories with Bella


shared moments with family and friends


quality alone time


peace


tranquility



Today the wind has gone about it's business and I have gone about mine~ no chasing involved and peace and tranquility have been mine.





I hope each of you have had a blessed day~


1 comments:

Football & Fried Rice June 5, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

Oh, isn't Ecclesiastes humbling? it is so contrary to our human flesh - our very nature - because OF COURSE we want to "chase the wind" - the things that bring us temporary "highs"....they never last though.

Sometimes I have to stop and ask myself it whatever "X" is - is it Kingdom building?

Thanks for sharing tonight and encouraging tranquility! I am looking for some myself!!

hugs,
sara

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP