February 20, 2010

Coupons~

Okay girlfriends I think I may have officially become obsessed with couponing. When Vito and I started this 'new way' of shopping a couple of months ago I truly did not understand the amount of savings that could be had. Today I feel like I have become a strategic shopper. I have read numerous blogs and have really absorbed what these smart shoppers have to offer!

Today I walked into my local grocery store with my list, coupons and a budget of $100.00. I walked out an hour later with a cart full to almost over flowing ,with a total saving of $108.19, and out of pocket spending~ WAIT FOR IT~ $68.23. Amazing!!!

Here are my highlights for the week ~ Muller Whole wheat pasta~ .14 a box (regularly $ 1.39 per box)
Lg Coffee Mate .49 a bottle (regularly $ 2.49 a bottle)
Large can of Hunt's tomatoes .64 a can (regularly 1.89)
Grape Nuts .50 a box (regularly $3.49 a box)
Cheerios .99 a box (regularly $3.49 a box)
Smart balance butter $ 1.04 (regularly $3.09)

Progresso Soup .61 a can (regularly $2.29)

One of my biggest light bulb moment was when I learned that you could use store specials, store coupons and vendors coupons all on one item~ once I got that the savings really began to add up!


Here is a few of my favorite smart shopping blogs~ but I must warn you it is ADDICTIVE!!!!

http://www.iheartpublix.com/
http://www.southernsavers.com/
http://www.couponqueendiaries.com/
http://www.bargainbuggyblog.com/
http://savingandgiving.blogspot.com/
http://www.becentsable.net/Default.aspx?pageId=331691 (this one will help you find coupon bloggers in your state)

Please share with me any ideas, lessons learned, light bulb moments or sites that you may have that have helped you and your family save a buck or two.








7 comments:

Barbie February 20, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

I have become addicted as well! Isn't it such a great feeling to know how much you have saved? Thanks for the links. I will go check them out.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! February 21, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

Thanks for all these tips and websites..... WHO KNEW you could be saving that kind of money!!!

I have missed you my friend.....hope that you and your precious family are doing well!

xo,

Lisa

Lori Lynn February 21, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

Wow! That's amazing. I thought you could only save like $20 max. It just didn't seem worth the effort. Maybe I ought to check out this whole coupon strategy.

Thanks for the links.

Debbie February 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

I'm great at cutting the coupons out... just not at remembering them until they have expired. My daughter has me loving Publix so I will check out the link for them.. thanks!

ThriftyAnnabella February 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

I've been couponing for over a year now and it really is nice to get a lot of groceries for hardly anything. Another site that is really helpful is www.hotcouponworld.com - I love visiting their forums.

Wife to the Rockstar February 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

The rockstar is addicted.

Leese Family April 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

This is a recent new thing of mine too!! But I am not nearly as resourceful as you are...I'm impressed!!! Thanks for sharing your websites! I think I'll be joining the addiction ;-)

Robin
Indy

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP