October 21, 2009

A wish granted~

When we were at Disney earlier this month for Vito’s 10-K race, Bella and I had a date night in the Magic Kingdom. During the Wishes Firework Bella made a wish. Her wish has to see a falling star.




Being the cool mom I am ~ I had to help fulfill this wish. In my search to find an upcoming meteor shower I came across some interesting web sites.




Here are a few:

http://www.universetoday.com/2004/10/20/orionid-meteor-shower-october-21/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orionid_meteor_shower

http://www.seasky.org/astronomy/astronomy_calendar_2009.html

http://meteorshowersonline.com/calendar.html



So while most people were snuggled warm in their beds, Vito Bella and I took a pile of blankets and made a bed out on our front lawn. Laying there looking up at the stars above Bella's wish was grated (eight times). It was truly enchanting to witness the show above and pure delight from my daughter. As we laid there holding hands Bella said “this has been the best night, I am definitely doing this with my kids someday”




Today I helped grant a wish, started a new family tradition, and made a memories for our family that will last forever~ and I did it all before the sun came up! Pretty great day, right?

10 comments:

day by day October 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Oh, that was such a sweet thing for you to do for her!!! Sounds like granting her wish was fun for all of you....we will have to try that some time.

Mama Duck October 21, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Yep. Pretty great day. Good job!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! October 21, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

That is so awesome!! what a great thing for your sweet family to do together......I bet Bella loved every second out there under the stars:) You are such a wonderful Mom!!

xoxo,

Lisa

Michelle October 21, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Awwww... you are such a great mommy. That sounds like so much fun!! Those are the best type of memories. She will remember that forever.

Football & Fried Rice October 21, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

You ARE a good Momma! More than that, I am sure your wish was granted at the same time!

Carmen October 22, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

That just melted my heart! Way to go mom!!!

Colleen October 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

What a special moment that she will always remember!! How awesome!! Thanks for sharing the links...I will check these out!:)

TanyaLea October 22, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

What a WONDERFUL evening and a great new tradition. Bella is one very blessed young lady!! <><

Hugs,
Tanya

Marla October 22, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Yes, great day indeed! Love traditions, and family!

Katie (and Tony) October 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

You make her sun rise in the morning. You set her moon at night...And now you made her stars fall, to grant the wish of her delight!

Good Job Momma!
And yes,I just made up that little diddy :-)

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP