September 2, 2009

My home~


Yesterday morning while talking with my sister she told me about a recipe that she has fiddled with and finally perfected, for pumpkin muffins. She went on to say how her muffins went perfectly with the 63-degree weather that she was enjoying that morning. Listening to her talk I began to get homesick~ homesick for Tennessee, yummy homemade muffins, autumn morning and my sister.

Through out my day the thoughts of ‘home’ filled my mind. Our visit in October will not be here soon enough!


I miss living in Tennessee but even more I miss living close to my incredible sister.


However, as much as I would enjoy being there, Florida has found its place into my heart. How could it not? I am able to wear sandals year round. We get to eat alfresco from October to April. With a little bit of driving I can watch the sun rise on the ocean and set on the gulf, on the same day.




When February rolls in we will still be swimming while watching the palm trees sway. Anytime we want we can see, what is in my opinion, the best firework display just by jumping in the car and heading north to Mickey’s hometown. And in minutes my feet can be sandy, and I can be listening to the waves.


So, while Tennessee will always be my ‘hometown’, Florida is my home and I love living here.





What do you love most about where you live?





12 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! September 2, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

So beautiful!!!

I love that we get to experience all four seasons each year:)

Lisa

Daniella September 2, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

Since I am also a Floridian - I love being able to be outside and on the water 12 months a year. I love watching the sunset on the Gulf of Mexico every single night (well almost every night ;) I love being able to swim in January. I love palm trees. I can keep going ;

The Byrd's Nest September 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

I am a Texan...always lived there my whole 46 years of life. Love the BBQ...the best in the world! Love the people....love the Diet Mt. Dew....love Target!

Can you tell I don't live in the states anymore and am missing some things? lol

What I love about my new hometown in Costa Rica is the cool weather...the rain every day....the beautiful mountains....the friendly people who will be happy to lovingly correct my terrible Espanol any time of the day. Ticos rock!

What a great post!

Lucy September 2, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Ahhh, love your description of your life in Florida! We are in northern Wisconsin so you can imagine how nice Florida sounds to me. But what I love best about where we live is that during the summer we never have to turn on our A/C. We have beautiful, crisp, sunny, 75 degree days! :)

mommy24treasures September 3, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

beautiful I love the idea...
I love the climate. Though most people here complain about it, I love that we have alot of warm/hot weather and not too much of a cold season. I love that my parents live very close, I love the southern hospitality.
And like Kim I love Target too:)

Briana's Mom September 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

I absolutely love the changing of the seasons, the hills and all the tall green trees of Georgia. I was born in Miami and lived there until I was 13. Since I had never experienced changing of the seasons as a very young child, I absolutely loved it when I moved - and I still do!

Debbie September 4, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

I'm so glad you left me a message. I have missed you also. Things have been so crazy with work/home/life I just don't have the time I would like. I have been using Facebook since most of my friends and family use it... I had a hard time getting them all to use a blog. If you have a FB account please let me know how to find you or you can find me by search Debbie Milam. Take care!

The Allens September 4, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

I love living 20 minutes from the beach, 10 minutes from where they shoot "One Tree Hill" (and used to film "Dawson's Creek"), and less than 2 minutes from my Mom and Dad! Plus, we are less than 3 hours from our college of choice, UNC-Chapel Hill!! But, best of all, there is a direct flight to the Orlando/Sanford airport, which puts us super-close to Krista, Vito, and Isabella (and Mickey and Minnie!)

Meredith September 4, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

HA! Well, like you I am missing my 2 home town states. I was born and raised in Nashville Tn and moved to Atlanta Ga when I was 12. I consider both those my home states! I love TN with the cool mountain air and Ga for the same. :( I'm with ya girl... dreaming of cooler nights! lol

Anna Grace`s Jie Jie September 6, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

That is beautiful!

Joannah September 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

I love that our families are nearby. Other than that, I am disenchanted with life in Southern California. Too many people and too expensive. My heart longs to live someplace a little more rural. To have more contact with nature and open spaces. I feel more at home in parts of Northern California, but I'm too conservative and too religious to really fit in up there. LOL!

Someday, I'm getting out of here. ;-)

Doug and Terrye September 17, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

I love the warm winters here in Florida! Even though I dream of white Christmas, I'm really thankful for our green Christmas. And I love heading over to The World to visit The Mouse...we're heading there today for my birthday :)

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP