August 24, 2009

First day of school~

We all had first day jitters, well at least Vito and I did. Bella, not so much, she has been extremely excited about the arrival of this day.

It was the first day in a month that we did not have to try and wake her up. She was up, dressed and ready for breakfast before I had my makeup on.

As I was putting her hair up in a ponytail, I could not believe how old she seemed to me. It is a marvelous thing to have witnessed her transformation these past four years~ she is confident, secure and quite prepared to face this day.


On the way to Bella’s class we were stopped by a few people that know Vito, the school counselor (she play a huge role in Bella getting into this school), the principal (another big player in our ending up here) and the school’s resource officer, each stopping us to wish her luck. As they continued to talk Bella began tugging at my hand to go.



It was at that moment that all my fears fell away and I knew she was going to love this year. I knew she was going to thrive, this little girl who loves to learn.




We walked into her class, put away her backpack and found her chair I bent down kissed her head and told her that I loved her so. She looked up and said “I love you too, see you tonight.”





It took all the mommy courage I could muster to walk away with just a wave, but I did it. And so did she, beautifully.
















8 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! August 24, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

Awww..She looks so sweet in her new uniform!! I bet she had a terrific day, and I can't wait to hear all about it. Give us an update soon:)

BTW, so proud of you too...I am sure it was hard to walk away.


Hugs,

Lisa

Katie (and Tony) August 24, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

So, did you burst into tears in the car? I had tears just reading this. What an amazing little girl! So proud of you both...and Vito too. Hugs!

Lori Lynn August 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

This is so sweet. I am going through the same emotions as you. Our Chloe didn't cry, but I could sure tell she was nervous when we left the KG classroom. After school, she said she had a great day. I cannot wait to get home and hear the full run down after work.

Thanks for sharing.

Briana's Mom August 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

So precious! She looks so cute! What a confident little girl. Bri goes to preschool for the first time tomorrow. Sniff!

Marla August 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

Glad everyone had a great first day!

a Tonggu Momma August 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Congratulations! *sob* Only three more days for us. We had our parent-teacher conference this morning. Oh, man... she is ready, but I am not.

Jen August 25, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Krista,
She is so big and beuatiful. I am sure she is LOVING all the learning, all the new friends and all the fun and I am sure you are SOO SOO proud of your sweet girl!!

I have been praying for her and for you and I am so thankful the Lord is allowing us to share this journey together.

You are a dear and cherished friend!!

Much Love.

Lucy August 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

So sweet, you must be so proud!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP