June 3, 2009

A special friendship~

You know how some of the most wonderful friendships are formed in some of the most unlikely places?

Bella and Laney share this kind of wonderful friendship~





And the unlikely place this friendship began was in an orphanage in Nanjing China.


When ever we talk about our trip to China we always talk about the families that we were blessed to share that journey with.  Without them the trip would have been just about more than we could have handled.  Relationship were made that will last forever. Some families we stay in touch with through pictures cards and emails, some we talk to and  get to see from time to time and then there is Laney and her precious family~ 

Each year we have a reunion.  
It is a time that I look forward to for months and then cherish the  memories made until we meet again


This time as the visit came to an end and we pulled out of the Animal Kingdom parking lot Bella's visable tears reflected what I was feeling in my heart~ We were already missing our friends

I reached back and took my baby girls hand and reminded her that we would see them again soon!


Laney, Emily, Perry and Kiah~ Thank you for an amazing visit.  We love y'all

14 comments:

Debbie June 3, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

What a wonderful friendship and story to share.

Felicia June 3, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

Oh so glad they are getting to continue their friendship in the states. What a sweet, sweet relationship!

Jodee Leader June 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

What a special friendship they share. Cute pictures of the girls!

The Allens June 3, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

Oh girl, you've got me sitting here in the hotel room in a puddle of tears! Thank you for posting such a sweet tribute to Laney and Bella's friendship. Although I'm not as cute and photogenic as our girls, I feel the same way about our friendship. How blessed I am to have met someone as special as you in the most unlikeliest of places - on a plane bound for China! We had such a great time with you all and can't wait to see you all again soon!

Love,
Emily, Perry, Laney and Kiah

a Tonggu Momma June 4, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Isn't this the truth? And the Tongginator totally sobs the first day or two after her "China cousins" leave. We wouldn't have gotten through our trip without our province travel group. I'm so glad y'all share such special friendships as well.

Katie (and Tony) June 4, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

I don't even know your friends and I am in tears with Bella having to leave. We have a few of these very close relationships as well. I can't imagine our journeys without them! It's like the cherry on top.

Doug and Terrye June 4, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

We know that feeling of sadness when you part. We are afforded the opportunity to visit with Grace's crib-mate, and her family, each year. It is so hard to leave at the appointed time...we just want it to last forever!

Terrye in FL

Ohilda June 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

So very special, not to mention two beautiful little girls!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! June 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

What an amazing friendship they share....and an incredible bond that will never be broken!! Looks like you had a fantastic time....I can see why she would have tears while departing from such a wonderful weekend!

Miss you my friend......and you know I would love to take pictures of your beautiful Bella:) If I make my way to Florida, you will be the first person I call!!

Hugs,

Lisa

Michelle June 4, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

How wonderful that you have maintained this connection for your girls. They look like they will be lifelong friends.

Speaking of friends, I wish I could give you a big hug for your sweet, sweet comment you left me this week. I really needed the pick-me-up. It has been a week of very big highs and very deep lows. We were told on Monday that our TA had been sent from China and then told two days later, it really hadn't and C*CAA may be delaying TAs for unknown reasons. You must have known that I needed a virtual hug. :)

Briana's Mom June 4, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

I am so glad you came by and said hi on my blog!

What a beautiful post and a beautiful friendship!

Miss you in blogland! :)

Daniella June 5, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

what a beautiful friendship. Was glad to see you lit up in my bloglines :) Hope all is well

Vanessa June 8, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

That's a remarkable friendship to share!!

mommy24treasures June 8, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

oh very special indeed!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP