April 10, 2009

Grace~

I've just begun reading Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel.  In just the few pages I've read it has revealed  to me that I need to offer more grace more freely to those around me, to my family especially. I love when I find a book that can speak immediately to my heart.


In chapter two Dr. Kimmel wrote about a luncheon that was held in London a half century ago. The general topic of this luncheon was on comparing religions which sparked a debate on the question of Christianity's most valuable distinction.  What separated Christianity from every other religion in the world?

One suggested incarnation, another the resurrection of Christ.  It was pointed out, however, that these two vital features of Christianity were also part of the deities of other religions.  C.S. Lewis (joining the debate late) uttered the answer as soon as he heard the topic of the day. "Oh, that's easy."  Said perhaps the greatest Christian apologist of the twentieth century.  "It's grace."

Don't you just love it when things are stated in a marvelous, concise, uncomplicated way? I sure do!

May each of you have a beautiful Easter.

9 comments:

sara April 10, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

Oh, & I am so ashamed when I have "run out of grace"!! Some days are hard..I have heard it said that IF you really & truly understand God's grace, you are freer to give it..This is my daily prayer, that I will give grace to others (especially my kiddos!!) in the same FREE fashion that Christ has given it to ME! To US!

Let me know your final thoughts on the book, I have it on my amazon wishlist to read!

Katie (and Tony) April 10, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

I read this book and loved it! My favorite phrase from this book is about sending our children into the future, a time period we will not see...This isn't it word for word, but you get the idea. You would think if it were my favorite, I would have had it memorized. ha!

PS-Are you still doing weight watchers? I am...lost 6 pounds!

a Tonggu Momma April 11, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

I did enjoy that book. It definitely changed the way I do some things.

Have a grace-filled Easter! ;)

Joannah April 11, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

I love C.S. Lewis. That sounds like a great book.

I hope you all enjoy a beautiful Resurrection Sunday!

Michelle April 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

This sounds like a great book, Krista. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter!!

mom2four April 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

I too read this book, or started it. I honestly got a bit bored about 1/2 way through and still have plans to finish. But what I loved the most was his distinction between what is often confused with Grace based parenting. Giving grace does not mean spoiling and not using discipline, giving Grace is just that, Grace. And we all know that Christ gives us ALL much more grace in our daily lives than any of us deserve. And we are supossed to imitate Christ, so therefore....GRACE! We must be givers of Grace. ~ and now I step down off my soap box. ~ Love ya girl

mom2four April 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

I ditto Katie on this because that statement hit me profoundly hard. We are sending our children into a future we will never see! We must equip them. It startles me to think of it really.

day by day April 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

Hi Krista!

It has been a while since I visited. I hope you are all well and had a lovely Easter!

That sounds like a great book...I will have to look for it!

sa January 8, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP