November 6, 2008

Finally something to share~


A Dining room saga update~

The Chairs

Vito and I never imagined that this project would be so time consuming when
 we began with eager excitement months ago. 
 Now what feels like "the never ending' project, is begin to see a light at the end of it's tunnel.

Just a quick reminder of how things looked before





We sealed the chairs with a spray sealer.  Once dry we painted them Heirloom White. 


When they were the perfect shade of white,  I took some fine sand paper, much to Vito's horror (ye of little faith) and began to sand away at the chairs.






I sanded here I sanded there I sanded EVERYWHERE 
(can you tell that Bella is into Dr. Seuss right now?)

After I had the look I wanted, I went over the chairs with and umber paint, wiping much of it away leaving a bit in the nooks and crannies of the chairs.  

 
FINALLY the sealing, painting, sanding, and 'patina' were done~

And it was time to cover the cushion.  The material I wanted was
a natural hemp~ 

 For weeks  I  searched my local fabric stores, always coming home empty handed.

For this I was not willing to settle

Then on a visit to a fabric store in a town north of us
I found exactly what I wanted and the best part~
 it was on sale.

 I was over the moon!
 
Before we put the material on, there was one finally touch 
that the chairs needed to be complete~


(Wait for it~)












What do you think? 

The Chair chapter of our saga is complete!








31 comments:

Michelle November 6, 2008 at 6:09 AM  

I love how they turned out!! You are so good!

Jodee Leader November 6, 2008 at 7:01 AM  

That turned out great! I love the fabric too!

Andrea November 6, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

That looks great! It's hard to believe it's the same chair, it's such a change. Fantastic!

Meredith November 6, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

LOVE IT!!! Oh and by the way.....your hired for my next project like that!!! Great job.... so very talented you both are.

Briana's Mom November 6, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

Beautiful!!!

laurel November 6, 2008 at 9:17 AM  

That is absolutely beautiful. I would be too afraid to do it on my own. You have talent!!

Ashley and Mike November 6, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

Beautiful. Great job!!!

sara November 6, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

OH MY GOODNESS?????!!!!! Did you monogram them yourself? I am loving everything monogrammed right now. Your chairs are so beautiful!!

Debbie November 6, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

Where do you find the time?? It looks beautiful!

Colleen November 6, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

OH I LOVE IT!!!!! Beautiful!!!!! Did you do the monogram???? You must be so proud of yourself!!! Great job!:)

Marla November 6, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

Beautiful, simply beautiful. I had to scroll back up and take a second look at them before. Good work you and Vito do.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! November 6, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Krista, they look FABULOUS!! I love the fabric.....and the distressed look of the chair!!

Great job my friend!

day by day November 6, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

Wonderful job, Krista!! They look great!

Growin' with it! November 6, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

gooooorgeous! way to go on being brave with the sandpaper....it was worth it.

Barbie November 6, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

Oh my goodness, I LOVE them! They are beautiful. Love the monogram too. You've got talent girl!!

Rebecca of "China, Baby!" November 6, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

Wow on the monogram!!!! That just gave it the final touch!! Simply beautiful, Krista.

Valarie November 6, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

That is the best!! I love the monogram!!!

Tami November 6, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

Really, REALLY nice!!!! Your hard work has definitely paid off!

Joannah November 6, 2008 at 6:58 PM  

Wow! It's gorgeous!!! When are you coming to my home to help me with my decorating dilemmas?

;-)

Mom To Six November 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Belle (from Life of a...) November 7, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

LOVE those chairs!

Shelly and Family November 7, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

WOW! The chair turned out beautiful! I too love the idea of using fabric!

mah-meeee November 8, 2008 at 12:21 AM  

oh beautiful! you always have such great decorating sense!

Cosmopolite November 8, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

Wow, that is a beautiful chair! I should try that technique next time i redo the chair in my room!

Felicia November 8, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

Those chairs are fabulous. I love the monogrammed fabric and finish you did on the chair frames. Beautiful job!!!

Shawnstribe November 8, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

Beautiful!!!!
there is something so special in perservering!!!
You did it : ) yay
xxx
s

Terri November 9, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

It looks beautiful!

Rebecca of "China, Baby!" November 10, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Hey darlin', you're tagged. Don't freak out, I know you're excited!! :) Haha.

xoxo

The Byrd's Nest November 10, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

Oh they turned out completely beautiful! I am so proud of you!!!

Patty November 11, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

What an amazing transformation! Can't believe they are the same chairs.

Wife to the Rockstar November 11, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

They came out GREAT!!!!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP