October 14, 2008

Hey, we're back~

and we're a few pounds heavier, just a couple of bucks lighter, and completely jet lagged! But still reveling in the fun that we had!


I have been so anxious to share some some of our trips highlights with y'all~



FOOD FOOD FOOD and more FOOD~ I think we ate our way through Vegas! We had some amazing meals during our time, but our favorite meal of the entire week was at Mesa Grill. The food and the service were top notch and unsurpassed. We highly recommend checking this spot out!


Now I realize that most people go to Vegas to gamble, but I tend to over think the whole process~ Not to say that we did not part take a little (a very little!). In fact the first night we did more gambling in those few hours than we did the remainder of the trip. The reason~ I had the touch!!! Girls, I could not lose! Every machine I stuck my money into paid out. It was awesome, and Vito, well he just laughed the whole time. As we made our way down the strip we stop into my favorite hotel there, The Bellagio ~ while walking through, I slip a twenty into what I thought was a penny machine and it hit 10,000 points - thinking I had just won 100.00 I cashed out and low and behold realized that we had stumble onto a nickel slot and had won 500.00. I was a winner and I planned on staying that way so off to watch the incredible fountain show we went!!




We set aside some time durning the second day of the trip to spend the morning and afternoon in Red Rock Canyon. What a welcome reprieve this offer away from the strip. We rented a car and drove about 30 miles outside of the city to the beautiful red mountains that we had been looking at from our hotel window. It was majestic and very relaxing. While there I spent a bit of time looking for a heart shape rock for Bella, I came away with 4 of them. (She was so excited when we gave them to her. Oh how I love this age~ when a rock for a souvenir can bring so much excitement)


With our winnings we planned an evening that included a wonderful dinner at the Wynn's Bartolotta (Fabulous) restaurant and a Cirque show, Mystere did not disappoint. The food, the service, the music, the acrobats, the costumes and being with Vito~ I loved every minute of this evening!!!


Being east coaster the 3 hour time difference played havoc with our sleep. We saw the sun rise and sun set on our first two days. While this was beautiful to see it was not something that we were wanting. Finally by the third morning we were able to sleep in to the unheard of hour of 8:00 am~ heavenly!


It was fun to get away but we were both very ready to come home. On our last day there we decided that we were "Vegased-out" (Is this a real term? It should be!) While I am so thankful for the memories that we made I am equally thankful that we mutually decided that Las Vegas would not be part of our travel destination for a few years!



Sorry that there are not any photos, the jet lag works in both time zones!

23 comments:

Michelle October 14, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

So glad to hear you had a great time!!! I love the Bellagio, too, and those fountains are awesome! Way to hit the jackpots!!

Marla October 14, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

Welcome home my traveling friend. Sounds like you had an exciting time in Vegas, and winning a few dollars dont hurt either.

Debbie October 14, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

If I go to Vegas anytime soon - I'm taking you with me. Glad your back and had a wonderful time.

Patricia/NYC October 14, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had such a great time!! We have the Mesa Grill here in NYC & yes, it sure is one YUMMY restaurant!! :)

Shawnstribe October 14, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

Welcome home!!!!
can't wait for photos : )
xxx
s

Tami October 14, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Glad you're back (missed you!) and that you had such a great time!! Can't wait to see pictures:-).

Tami

Briana's Mom October 14, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

I love Vegas! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

It's so true, after a few days in Vegas, you are so ready to come home. Back to reality!

Growin' with it! October 14, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

wow...you're a lucky girl! 500 buckeroos? i'd go to vegas with ya! sounds like you had a fabulous time. and i loved the rock story! priceless.

Belle (from Life of a...) October 14, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm thrilled to discover yours. I went to Vegas for the first time back in July and it was something else in this world!!! We called it a cross between Disney World and Myrtle Beach on crack!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! October 14, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Hey girl!!! I have so missed you and have been thinking about you since the day you left!!

Sounds like a great time....I can't wait to hear all about your trip.....I bet the Mesa was fantastic...I love Bobby F...we have gone to his Steakhouse in Atlantic City and I actually met him....believe it or not, he is really small! What a nice guy...so down to earth...and let me tell you, he was working his fingers to the bone!!

I have heard wonderful things about the RR Canyon...unfortunately we could not drag ourselves away from the strip last time!!

Have a great week!

Lisa

Michelle October 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

Hey! Welcome back, Krista! It sounds like you had a great time. It must have been so nice to get away!!

Mom To Six October 14, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

Welcome home and so glad to see you had an awesome time! Good for you to be able to walk away with your winnings and spend it having a great time with your hubby!

Also, don't forget to email me your address. You were the winner in my giveaway (look for the video on my blog), so I can send you the book.

Hugs,

Ohilda

The Byrd's Nest October 14, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

Welcome Home and I love to eat foods in other places! Sounds like you guys had a great time!!

sara October 14, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

Glad you are home & had a fun trip!! You flew right over us in CO :) Wish you could have stopped!!!

Joannah October 14, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

Oh, now I'm pumped for our trip there in December! I love Vegas.

:-)

Jodee Leader October 14, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

It sounds like you had a fabulous time! Welcome back!

Amanda October 14, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

you have such a way of describing your trip, we really don't need photos, but I want to see them anyway!!

Sharie October 14, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

Sounds like you had a great time. Welcome home:)

mamamia October 14, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

Oh, I have missed you. Maybe we can go together next time.

Love you,
Mia

Lauren and Justin October 14, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

sounds like you had a great time - i'm so jealous you got to see a cirque show!!!!

tracey October 14, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

welcome back from Vegas. Congrats on your winnings. You gotta love Vegas.
Tracey

Barbie October 15, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

What a wonderful getaway!! You sound so refreshed!! I have only been to Vegas for my son's soccer tournaments. I may have to try it for a vacation.

Welcome Back!!

sa January 8, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP