September 9, 2008

We dodged another hurricane and I've been tagged~

I am so thankful that Ike went south.  We will continue to keep those in its path in our prayers. 


A couple of week ago I was tagged by two of my blog friends ~ Deb and Lauren
For this tag I have been asked to name 6 things that are unspectacular about me. 


1. I have hazel colored eyes, green, gold and brown, but when I don't feel well they become very green. ( I wonder if this is how my mother knew when I really was sick or just faking it)

2. My favorite shoes are thong style sandals and my FAVORITE sandals are Emma Monogrammed Sandals by Stephen Bonanno's  (and they just happen to be on sale)

3. I thoroughly enjoy buying and reading books.  Unfortunately I find myself falling asleep after about 5 or 6 pages. In other words I have MANY MANY books, laying around my house, just waiting for me to pick them up so they can lull me to sleep.

4. Growing up we moved fairly often due to the fact that my dad was a pilot in the Navy.  The last place he was stationed was in Tennessee.  Dad retired from the Navy and began flying for FedEx, allowing us to stay in TN from the time I was in sixth grade on.  Finally I had a home state a place that I could say I was from.  Tennessee, will always be home for me, no matter where I live.  

5. My favorite sandwich is Tomato and fresh Basil ~ yummy!

6. Even with the yearly threat of hurricanes and the fact that I miss Tennessee terribly  ~ I would have a very difficult time living very far from the coast. 


Okay I would like to tag a couple of my friends~ all of which are pretty spectacular ladies!!!
Nichole~ Nicks Nest
Mia ( I miss you!!!)~ Self help guru

22 comments:

Michelle September 9, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

I have hazel eyes, too! Never noticed about them being a certain color when I am not feeling well...but I am going to pay attention to that and see if it happens with my eyes!

Oh, I am with you on #3! That is me!!

Have a great day!

Jen September 9, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

I accept your challenge :-)

a Tonggu Momma September 9, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

Hey! My daddy was a Marine pilot, but he didn't retire until after I graduated college. The Husband used to be Navy - not retired, although he IS old. (Not really... Well... maybe.) The Husband always teases my daddy that the Navy signed his paychecks.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! September 9, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

I am another hazel eyed girl....and mine do the same thing....they turn green!

I also enjoy the same sandwhich except I need a thick slice of fresh mozzarella!

Great list...never knew you grew up in Tennessee....you learn something new everyday!

Rebecca September 9, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

We share the same favorite sandwich!!! And the same color eyes. :)

Michelle September 9, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Krista,
I have hazel eyes, too, but never noticed them changing colors when I'm sick. I'll have to see if that is the same for me.

So, are you a Vols fan?

Have a super day!!

Briana's Mom September 9, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

Yay to dodging the hurricane! I wish I could read more - but between Briana and blogging - it's hard to find time! :)

mamamia September 9, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

I MISS YOU TOO!
Okay, I am really going to do this. I so miss my blog. Chemistry is consuming my life. The things we do to fulfill our dreams.
BTW, December is for sure on...
Mia

Felicia September 9, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

It was nice getting to know you a little better through your "tag". I have to agree, I love those sandals.

Paula September 9, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

I'm so with you on the buying books and not reading them all.
Glad you guys dodged the hurricane.

Gina (Caleeo) September 9, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your daughter is breathtakingly beautiful and looks to have the same personality.

redmaryjanes September 9, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

I am glad to hear that you all are safe from the hurricanes. We are having rain and really cool weather all of the way up here in Michigan because of them.
I wish I lived in the South though...I am a Yank with a Southern heart.

Jeff and Amy September 9, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

Alot of interesting stuff for not being spectacular. LOL So glad you have dodged another hurricane, how scarey. Thanks for nice comments on our blog :)

Lauren and Justin September 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Yay!! what fun things to learn about you! thanks for playing along :)
...and Hannah really IS adorable, isn't she? i tell her parents every week that i am going to keep her.

Shannon September 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

Oh man, I love books too and buy them way too often!

Jan September 9, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

I am glad that Ike didn't pay a long visit. I have been really worried about everyone down there.

Thanks for your comment today. :)

Susie Q September 9, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

I feel that way about TN too. My folks moved there when they retired so it was our home base for over 20 years. I have lots of extended family there as well...

But you live in another lovely place in the world, another spot I know well.

I am happy the hurricane has moved away from you and pray it will blow itself out before it affects anyone else.

Ooh, tomato and basil are so good together!


Love,
Sue

Jodee Leader September 9, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

I enjoyed reading your list. I love those sandals too!

Tiffany September 9, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

Also with you on #3 and the sandwich you mentioned sounds delicious... love a fresh tomato and basil combo. YUMMY
I've seen several others post about those sandals... time to check them out.
Thanks for sharing about you...

angie September 9, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

I think those things are pretty spectacular! :)

Colleen September 9, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

I love your #4 about having a place to finally call home. Being a retired military family and still not being in the place we will call permanently home I dream of this for my kids! As much as I love that they are "citizens of the world" I also want them to feel what you described.

sara September 10, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

My husband thinks he wants to move to Tennessee. We vacationed there one PERFECT November & ever since then......

I love books too. I like to BUY them. Reading them is a whole 'nother thing!!!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP