September 4, 2008

Precious relationship~

Please indulge me two more post about our girls weekend. I promise not to bore you with any more after tomorrow, but this one and the next, are far too special to me not to add~



Bella, your Aunt Shannon has always been my biggest fan, best friend, 'vault' to all my secrets, clothes critic, advice giver, and when needed my voice of reason.

Being with her is like nourishment to my soul, she is the roots to my past.


We hold so many of the same childhood memories but when shared they are somewhat different. It is amazing how childhood stories change when told through adult observation.

We give each other permission to be our imperfect selves. And love each other unconditionally.

We celebrate our similarities and our differences.

You will hear it said from time to time that Shannon was a 'surprise'. The truth is, God knew that our family was not done, He knew that she was necessary for us to be complete.

She is a gift that I am so thankful to share with you. You already know her love, for she has placed herself firmly in your heart.

Watching the two of you together floods me with joy. For you are two of my most cherished blessings~







22 comments:

Briana's Mom September 4, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

What beautiful pictures! Sounds like an amazing relationship!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! September 4, 2008 at 8:06 AM  

So beautifully said Krista! Isn't it wonderful to see your little girl share the same special bond that you do with your sister!

Don't apologize....I have loved hearing all about your weekend!

Have a great day!

Lisa

a Tonggu Momma September 4, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

Krista -- I loved your thoughts on "being a surprise." Oh, so true. I wished more people phrased it this way.

Debbie September 4, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

Your thoughts are beautiful – thank you for sharing your sister with us. I agree with Lisa, I also love to read about your wonderful visits.

Our Complete Family September 4, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

Lovely, Lovely, Lovely thoughts! Happy day wishes to you~ Les

Michelle September 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

What a special relationship you share with her, Krista! Such a blessing....keep sharing....we will not grow tired of it!!!!

Kristi September 4, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

There is nothing like the relationship with a sister!

Growin' with it! September 4, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

i LOVE being auntie linda. what a beautiful post to both of the special girls in your life!

Tami September 4, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

Close family ties is truly a gift beyond measure!

Rebecca September 4, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

Precious tribute to your sister!!!

I love what you said. I have a "sister-girlfriend" that I have this kind of relationship with, and I am so thankful for it!!

xoxo

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! September 4, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

You and Bella are so lucky to share your love for such a special person! I love the whole "being a surprise" comment too...God knew she was coming and that your family would be complete with her!
Carrie

Wife to the Rockstar September 4, 2008 at 3:10 PM  

What could be better? How awesome!

Leslie September 4, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

Those are such special and beautiful photos!!!!

Amy Clemons September 4, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

How sweet... this makes me wish I had a sister and makes me appreciate my only brother more.

Thanks for sharing. Bella is blessed to have an aunt who loves her so much.

redmaryjanes September 4, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

Priceless! And breathtaking. I love the photos.
I just bought our 'white dress' yesterday. I hope she wears 18 months next summer )crossing my fingers : )

Sonya September 4, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

You have a beautiful family!!! Thanks for your sweet comment about our DVD!!

Your blog is VERY nice! Great job!

Sonya
From Sweet Home Alabama

Marla September 4, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

Ahhh, Bella is so lucky to have Aunt Shannon in her life and like wise. It's awesome you have such a great little sister.

Lori September 4, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

Beautiful beach photos!

sara September 4, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

Your 2 favorite girls in all the world. Together. Does it get much better than that?

I still can't get over this shirt. I have a pair of striped pants that are going to be adorable with it :)

Michelle September 5, 2008 at 12:34 AM  

Oh, I so hope that Leila and Mia write notes like this to each other when they get older. You are just the sweetest.

Amie@HeartSmiles September 5, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

Found your through Lisa's blog.

What a sweet post! And what beauttiful pictures!

:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

mommy24treasures September 6, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

these are SO SWEET!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP