September 18, 2008

Just wanted to share~

I read something this morning that I liked so much that I wanted to share with you~

How to really love a child, by Sark

Be there. Say yes as often as possible. Let them bang on pots and pans. If they’re cranky, put them in water. Realize how important it is to be a child. Go to the movie theatre in your pajamas. Read books out loud with joy. Invent. Remember how small they really are. Giggle. Giggle a lot. Surprise them. Say no when necessary. Teach feelings. Heal your own inner child. Learn about parenting. Hug trees together. Make loving safe. Bake a cake and eat it with no hands. Go find elephants and kiss them. Plan to build a rocket ship. Imagine yourself magic. Makes lots of forts with blankets. Let your angel fly. Reveal your own dreams. Search out the positive. Keep the gleam in your eye. Write letters to God. Encourage silly. Plant licorice in your garden. Open up. Stop yelling. Express your love. A lot! Speak kindly. Paint their tennis shoes. Handle with care. Always remember ~ Children are miraculous


17 comments:

Lori and Pete September 18, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

That was sweet! I will try harder.

Lori W

Growin' with it! September 18, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

these were some really cute ideas! i loved the cranky/water one. i'm thinking that would especially work if bubble bath was involved too!

Mom To Six September 18, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

That was so beautiful, I printed it out to read when I am having a tough day with the little ones.

Thank you for sharing!!

Ohilda

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! September 18, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

Thanks for sharing....I could use reminding on most days:)

Lisa

sara September 18, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

I saw this on a card once when I had first become a mother - I loved it & turned it into a scrapbook page! it is so beautiful & so true!!!

Carrie September 18, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

How sweet!

Rebecca September 18, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Oh I love this post, Krista! I wish I was more of that mama. Plant licorice?? Now there's a novel idea. :)

Tami September 18, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

Beautiful! I find I write that A LOT on your blog!!!!!

Michelle September 18, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

I love it! Thanks for sharing this with us....I need to keep this in the back of my mind each and every day!

Michelle September 18, 2008 at 10:46 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle September 18, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Take two :) I just love this. So sweet. I am copying and pasting it into a document so I don't forget it. Thanks for sharing it!

Amanda September 18, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

love it. love it. love it.



love it.

Valarie September 18, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

I really liked that! I don't think we have built a tent in a while. We may have to do that tomorrow night. :)

mommy24treasures September 19, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

love it and TOTALLY agree!

Denise C September 20, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

I love this! I am going to print it!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Hugs to you, sweet friend!!!

Tiffany September 22, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

Thank you for sharing this... I need to remember these things and I especially love the part of Remember how small they really are....

Nicole September 26, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

LOVE this one! I have to borrow it! I needed this at the end of a tough week! Thanks for sharing!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP