September 16, 2008

I am all smiles today~



My lovely friend, Tami from Sea Glass and Jade –Honored me with the Smile award. Girls, if this had been my award to give out first, Tami's blog would have been one of the ones I would have chosen. I adore this lady! Tami, thank you for this award~ it means so much to me, because it came from you!

Another sweet friend, Barbie from Moments Memories and Milestones  nominated the post I did yesterday (Enough) for this same award.  Each time I go to Barbie blog I come away feeling like I have just spent time with a friend.  Barbie, you are awesome!!! Thank you so much for always making me smile.


Here are the Smile Award rules:


1. The recipient must link back the award's creator.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude ~ I certainly hope that my attitude shines through as cheerful

2. Must love one another ~ I do, I do
3. Must make mistakes ~ oh my of all the characteristics this one is probably the easiest for me.
4. Must learn from others ~ DAILY
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world ~ I truly give it my best shot
6. Must love life ~ without question I do!
7. Must love kids~ Children are the most beautiful blessing that this life has to offer. The joy and love they possess show us all what is truly important in our lives.

For the 5 blogs that make me smile, I nominate:

Dawn and Jen ~ two of my dearest friends in real life. They make me smile on a daily basis. We were fortunate enough to have met at the beginning of our adoption journeys. During those months of paper chasing, months of waiting and in the years since they have been solid foundations to my life. It always amazes me how God brings the right people in your life at the very moment that you need them most! They are my prayer partners, my go to girls for most of my parenting concerns. They rejoice in the joys of my life and offer themselves in time of need. I love both of these ladies and could not nor would not want to imagine my life with out them in it. Another blessing that has come from these special friends is the bond that our children now share ~ simply precious


Rebecca ~ is there an 'award law' that does not allow someone to be given the same award twice? If there is I am sorry, but for this gal, rules must be bent. Rebecca, has one of the most gentle spirits, it show so vividly in each of her post. I am in awe of all of her tremendous talents~ one of her special talents is the way she makes those she comes in contact with feel. Her faith in God is beautiful to witness and her love for her family is precious. It has also been an honor for me to stand on the side lines and cheer her on while she progresses along in the journey to her son Owen.


Connie ~ A few months ago when I started blogging Connie's blog was one of the first ones I came across. I loved her site from the first gorgeous photo I saw until now. This lady takes the most stunning photos of her precious children. Her gracious comments and beautiful post inspired me. Each time I come away from her site I smile!

Denise ~ 'sister-girl' from Tennessee. What kindred spirits we are. This sweet lady, has such a gracious heart and it shows through her words both on her blog and in her comments (thank you my friend for all of the sweet comments you have left me - they make my heart sing). She has a beautiful family and her love for them shines through. I know that there will come a day that I will meet this special lady in person, either here on earth or one day in heaven.


Lisa ~ My adorable Italian blogging friend. Oh how thankful I am that our paths crossed! Lisa is one of the most special ladies that this world of blogging has brought to my life. She has a vivacious spirit that is so infectious. I have giggled and wept while reading her post especially the ones that she has written about her beautiful children. SOMEDAY, I am going to be at one of her parties, but until that day comes I will have to be content with reading about them. It is also my privilege to follow along on her adoption journey and pray for her daughter that is still in China (soon my friend, you will finally see your daughter's precious face. When that day comes we will rejoice together).


Okay, so I was only suppose to choose 5 and I chose 6, but a girl has got to do what a girl has GOT TO DO!!! Please take a moment and offer your congratulations and check out these extraordinary ladies blogs~  I promise that you will come away with a smile!

12 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! September 16, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

Thank you Krista....you are too sweet. What you wrote brought tears to my eyes...you are such a special friend...I am glad our paths have crossed!!

As I have always said, you are welcome in my home anytime!!!

We have a couple states that separate us....but sooner or later, we will meet!



Lisa

Denise C September 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Oh you sweet sweet friend! Thank you! You have just made my whole day! And, yes, I agree...we WILL meet one day!!!! I am actually a bit jealous...as my parents are vacationing in Pompano Beach in early November...and I KNOW that is very near to you!!!! I might just have to stow away in their luggage and tag along! hee-hee!
Thank you for this most thoughtful award......you are a treasure, my dear friend!!!
Love you tons!
Denise

mommy24treasures September 16, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

oh I am truly humbled you would think of me:) Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad to have met you in bloggerville. Love hearing about your sweet family and love the decorating and cooking tips you share!!!!!!!!

Bella Casa September 16, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

Congratulations on your award :)

Bella

Amy Clemons September 16, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Congrats on your smile award!
:0) Wishing you many more smiles and happy memories.

Colleen September 16, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

Congrats on your well deserved award! You always make me smile:)

Sandy Toes September 16, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

Congrats on your award...I will check out some of these blogs!
-Sandy toes

missy September 16, 2008 at 10:23 PM  

Oh I agree with all of your choices...they make me smile, too!

So do you : )

sara September 16, 2008 at 11:44 PM  

Congrats, Krista!! You have been known to bring plenty of smiles to my face!!!

Tami September 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Krista,

Thank you for your kind words....and again, you so deserve this!!! You've brought countless smiles to my face with your posts. Enjoy!

Rebecca September 18, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

You are just delightful, my sweet friend!! You put so much love into your words for each one of us. I am so glad our paths have crossed - you have brought so much to my life, and SO many smiles!!

I just love you!!! Thank you SO much!!!!!

Rebecca

Jen September 19, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Krista,

Thank you for thinking of me and granting me such an award. You are a much loved and deeply cherished friend! I adore you, your family, our friendship, and of course your blog. All of wish bring me endless smiles.

I love you!!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP