September 30, 2008

Recipes~

I neglected to get photo's of the food that was served at Netti's party~ still I wanted to share a few the recipes that we made~


Grape Salad~ somethings so simple yet so yummy! (you asked for it Rebecca and here it is)

1 lb of green grapes, picked from the stem, washed and dried.

In a separate bowl with a mixer blend till smooth the following 4 ingredients~
8 oz light cream cheese
8 oz light sour cream
1/4 cup of sugar (splenda can be used)

Pour mixture over grapes and add~
4 oz of chopped pecans

Mix together and add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, mix again, refrigerate and serve.

Bruschetta with fresh basil and tomatoes~ (one of the easiest things to make and one of the most delicious ways to eat tomatoes)
For our party we doubled this recipe:

7 to 8 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
8 to 9 basil leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and allow them to set for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator

Serve with French bread that has been slice (diagonal, about ½ inches thick), coat each side with garlic infused olive oil and toast in oven till crisp

Sausage dip~

1 lb of Hot breakfast sausage, crumbled, cooked and well drained mix with
1 drained can of Rotel tomatoes

In an 8x8 baking dish

Layer an 8oz package of of soften light cream cheese
sausage and Rotel mixture
shredded cheddar cheese

Cover and bake at 350 till warm and bubbly

We had a few other delicious dishes. I will have to save them for another post. Before I go Iwanted to leave you with one last recipe~

Netti's favorite dessert is Apple Pie.  So instead of Birthday cake, apple pie with rum raisin ice cream was served~

Rum Raisin Ice Cream~ (Delicious served alone or made even better when placed on top of your favorite apple pie or apple crumb cake!)

1/2 gallon of premium vanilla ice cream (allow the ice cream to get soft)
rum extract to taste (about 2 tablespoons)
1/2 cups of raisin
mix all ingredients, refreeze and serve

Have a blessed day~



15 comments:

Briana's Mom September 30, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

Oh great. It's only 8:45AM and I want sausage dip and ice cream. ;) Yum!

Tami September 30, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

Oh man, am I getting hungry reading this....yum!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie September 30, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

I've had the grape salad - yummy! I'll have to try the sausage dip, it sounds really good.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! September 30, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Yummy!! That rum raisin ice cream sounds so good! Thanks...I love recipes! :)
Carrie

Shannon September 30, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

That grape salad sounds really good!!

Growin' with it! September 30, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

nummmmy!

Pennies In My Pocket September 30, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

YUM YUM YUM YUMMMMMM!! WOW! Thanks so much! I'm totally bookmarking this post. I have a few pot lucks to go to soon. This will come in handy! :-)

~melody~

Amy Clemons September 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

YUM!!!

I am going to have to try some of these for our next get together.

Thanks for sharing.

Katie (and Tony) September 30, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

I want to come to your house! Better yet-how about you throw my birthday bash coming up?!

I LOVE your Dining Room ceiling. The pictures do not do it justice, I think. But I will love the new do too! You are so creative. Wanna come do my house? Whose the interior designer here? ha!

Sandy Toes September 30, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

How yummy! The sausage dip sounds like a keeper for sure! Ice cream???I have never made ice cream...thanks for sharing some great food!
-Sandy toes

Meredith September 30, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

OH YUUUUMMMMM!!!!! I am making copies of these for sure!!! The grape salad is REALLY calling my name!

laurel October 1, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

I love to cook!!! Thanks for the recipes. They sound fab!

Our Complete Family October 1, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

Oh Yummo! Can you be my cook please?!? xo, Les

Mrs. Michelle October 1, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

I miss your cooking...It sounds delicous and I am going to try them out real soon.

Denise C October 1, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

OH YUMMO!!! I am definitely coming to your next party!!! hee-hee!!!
Love ya,sister-friend!
Denise

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP