July 22, 2008

Peace vs piece~

After a long day at work I was ready to come home, get out of my work clothes, put on something comfortable and relax for a moment before we started our Friday Family Fun night (Bella Notte).


After greeting my family, I went into my bedroom, closing the door behind me. A moment later Bella walked in, "Mommy, what are you doing?"

Me: "just trying to get a moment of peace"

Bella: "I need a piece to"

There was no way I could refuse. Vito joined us and we ended up on the bed with a bowl of popcorn and M&M. We laughed and we singed while watching

The Sound of Music
(our favorite)


Every few minutes Bella would ask "when will Maria find the frog" then it was "when will the children miss Maria?" then "when is the wedding" I would answer "just a few minutes more, (or) just keep watching, (or) it's coming".

Patience is not a virtue that either of us have in abundance!!!

Thinking back on it now~ I never did get my moment of peace, but I sure do love the pieces of moments that were shared.

17 comments:

The Byrd Family July 22, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

I hear ya on this one! But it sure is fun to snuggle with them.

mommy24treasures July 22, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

sweet:)

Michelle July 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

We moms don't often get quiet moments of peace...but our little ones bring us peace in a different way, right? This is a very sweet post!

have a wonderful day!

Fliss and Mike Adventures July 22, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

It is these small things that are worth no peace at all...

Debz July 22, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Love your story!
I just downloaded one of the songs from the "Sounds of Music" onto my phone!
Thanks for stopping by my blog , it's always nice to meet up with new bloggers.
Now I seen something on your side bar about pretzel salad!? Sounds yummy I'll have to go snoop!
Hugz

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! July 22, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

What a great way to spend a Friday night.

Those moments of peace are few and far in between. Somehow, when we do get them, we miss the chaos!

Have a great day!

Lisa

Daniella July 22, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

what a fun night. Not to much peace here but lots of good pieces :)

Rebecca July 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca July 22, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

Oh that is SO SWEET!!!! I love it!! What an awesome evening together. Those "pieces" of time are so blessed. We love Sound of Music too!

Rebecca :)

Michelle July 22, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

How sweet. I love when kids get mixed up with the double meaning of some words. So cute!

Jana July 22, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

Oh, what a great evening!! Oakley LOVES The Sound of Music and just about has the entire thing memorized. It's one of our very favorites ... along with popcorn and peanut M&Ms!

Ronda July 22, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

Funny-Love movie nights with the kids, especially when they gather on my bed with the assorted snacks =).

redmaryjanes July 22, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

Fabulous post! Those are the moments you will always remember..and she will too.

Patty July 23, 2008 at 12:55 AM  

Ok, so how do you get your husband to watch Sound of Music? Sounds like a wonderful "peaceful" evening..

Paula July 23, 2008 at 1:02 AM  

How fun to watch the sound of music together. That is one of my all time favs.

Somewhere In The Sun July 23, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

I absolutely love this post! I love that Bella said she needed a piece too (just adorable!) and I love that you turned "your" time into a fun family time! What a great memory you made. I'm sure you would never have remembered the few moments of peace, had you taken them.

~Lynn

Tami July 24, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Oh, I love this movie.....it's such a classic, but I can't get my boys to watch it with me. Each time I try they just say, "awe Mom, isn't there a baseball or football game on that we can watch instead?!!!!!
Boys.....whatch ya gonna do;-)?

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP