July 24, 2008

My reflection~

An entry in Bella's journal~

I am often struck with the realization of my role in your life. This role of mother to a precious daughter, and I am left with mixed emotions. Gratitude. Fear. Appreciation. I believe that my role is one of the most important of your life. In believing this to be true I am in no way discounting or under emphasizing the other relationships of your life. They are also significant. But what I am saying is that I feel there is nothing like a mother~daughter relationship. Nothing like it!!!

Daily I am reminded of this important role I play in your life. In the morning when I ask you what you would like for breakfast. Your reply is always “What are you going to have?” or how everytime you ask me to put a ‘bend’ in your hair simply because you see me with curlers in mine.


Many times I have been stirred with awareness of the power of my words. Especially when I hear my words spoken back to me from you lips~ like the morning I found you putting on (one of Cece’s bright Orange) lipstick before school, when you saw me watching you “you said I'm just trying to get myself beautiful before I leave the house.” Oh my goodness~ how many times have a said these exact words without even thinking about the meaning they held? Or when I ask you what makes you happy, your response usually has something to do with me. The same holds true when I ask what makes you sad.



Daughters really are a reflection of their mothers. Bella, you are a reflection of me, my tenderness, my lack of patience, my love of all things beautiful, my sassiness, even my southern accent. It is all there, the good, the bad and the work in process. I will be the first to admit I am occasionally left feeling overwhelmed. At times the importance of this role weighs heavy on me. But more often than not I am grateful for the opportunity; the opportunity to teach you, what I know, who I am, and what is important to me.

It is my honor to be loved and admired by such a remarkable little girl. And it is a blessing to be your Mommy.

21 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! July 25, 2008 at 7:02 AM  

You have such a way with words!!!

This is beautifully said, and so true!

As much as I always tried to deny it, I am exactly like my Mom....

Miss Bella will be very lucky to turn out like her Momma!

Have a wonderful day!

Lisa

Briana's Mom July 25, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

Beautiful! Bella is lucky to have you as her mama!

Kristi July 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

This is not only a beautiful thought for Bella, but also a reminder to all of us in the role of mothers. Thank you for a look at how critical this job is!

sara July 25, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

I love to hear you love your daughter, your family. it is so beautiful, your words, your emotions!

Little Patch of Heaven July 25, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

This brought tears to my eyes. Very beautiful.

Shawnstribe July 25, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

what an outstanding post, it makes me just wanna say you are so right!!!!

Thank you for these beautiful words, what an honor, what a privilege to be a Mom!!!

thank you also for all your kind words to me
xxx
s

Michelle July 25, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

Krista,
I just love when you post from Bella's journal. This is beautiful, and oh so true. I love the picture, too.

Stacey and Dewey July 25, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

Simply beautiful! Very well written, Bella is a very blessed little girl to have such an amazing and aware mom.
Have a great weekend
Stacey

Sharie July 25, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

So true! Someday when Bella is a mother she'll look back on this and know that you felt the pressure too and she'll love you even more for it!

Michelle July 26, 2008 at 12:48 AM  

We are blessed to be a Mommy....the most important job in the world!

Have a great wee-end!

Daniella July 26, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

Beautiful post - so true, so true.

Have a great weekend.

Colleen July 26, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

I LOVE this post! You have such a wonderful gift of writing and saying things just as I feel. I wish I had that gift. This is oh SO true! My husband is always saying how our daughter and I are just alike and it is always an important reminder of what an amazing role and gift I have being her Mother.
Have a wonderful week end!

Denise C July 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

Beautiful, loving words from Miss Bella's precious precious Mommy!!!!
She will treasure this journal one day!!!
Love you,
Denise

Amanda July 26, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

I had some overwhelming feelings of being such a huge part of a little girl's life this week when I thought our case was in PGN.

Bella is so blessed to have you!!

missy July 26, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

Oh this is so touching! You have a way with words and expressing yourself. Bella is blessed beyond measure!

Meredith July 26, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

I finally made it back to blog land...... and I have some catching up to do! HMMM..... Let me see..... Congratulations on losing 8 lbs! YOU GO! I am SO proud of you! Keep it going! I have loads of motivational words to send your way but right now my brain is mush. Give me a day to so to get my head back in the game of things. :) Your beautiful thoughts for Bella were just amazing! Your an amazing mother and I am blessed each time I sing on and read your sweet thoughts!

Shelly and Family July 27, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

What a beautiful post and you are so right...daughters do reflect their mothers...I see it every day with our Francesca and I just can't believe it (my hubby has been telling me for a long time that she is just like me, but I just didn't want to believe it lol).

Marla July 27, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

ok, just when I think I have read your best post, you write another one. I hope she has tissues handy when she reads this some day, I love the picture too.

Anna Grace`s Jie Jie July 28, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

Such a sweet post- Bella is lucky to have you as a Mommy! I love the picture of you and her on the beach!

Rebecca July 28, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

Bella has an amazing mommy. :) I love that you journal like this for her. You are a very gifted writer. This was a beautiful post! And such a poignant reminder to us mommies that our role in our childrens' lives is so important.

Barbie July 28, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

Beautiful! What a special thing to have for when she is older.

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP