July 14, 2008

Looking ahead~

A couple of weeks ago our wonderful friends Dale and Dawn and their children came over for dinner.   During the evening Dawn asked Bella if she would like to have a play date with her girls Autumn and Kya. All three girls began jumping up and down with excitement~


As our friends began to gather their stuff (with four kids they have some stuff) to leave ~ standing at the door waving good-bye Bella began her count down to the play date " Mommy, it is Sunday so I only have Monday, Tuesday then I get to go to Autumn and Kya's house."  "You, got it baby girl, you are excited aren't you?" It was meant as rhetorical but not to my four year old "I can hardly wait to see them again, I miss them so much" "baby girl how can you miss them they are still in our driveway" 

Some form of this conversation went on  all day Monday and Tuesday.  Finally Tuesday evening was upon us. Bella and I took our evening bike ride/ walk.  When once again Bella began talking about tomorrow and how excited she was to  be with her friends. 

Thinking I had be given the perfect opportunity to talk to Bella about enjoying all of her days. 

 I began my 'lesson' ~

Me ~"Bella, even when there is something exciting that is going to happen tomorrow we still need to enjoy today"

Bella Mia~ "you are right Mommy"

Me~ "Like tonight, isn't this nice just you and me together?"

Bella Mia~ "yes Mommy"

Me~ "and it is such a pretty night, not too hot, no bugs" 

Bella Mia~ "yes it is"

Me~ "so baby girl, let's enjoy this time, let's enjoy this night"

Bella~ "okay"

Girls I have to tell you I was so impressed with myself.  In fact I was beginning to rethink my career, perhaps I should be a teacher or better yet maybe a motivational speaker.

As we were coming around the corner on our street our neighbor Ms. Barbara came out to join us.  After our hellos Ms. Barbara asked Bella "what are you  doing?"

Bella~ "I am trying to enjoy my night"

So much for my new career!

13 comments:

The Byrd Family July 14, 2008 at 6:56 AM  

Funny! She is so adorable!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! July 14, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

That is so sweet!

Trust me....it gets worse as they get older! My 10 year old is driving me nuts this summer....always has to be doing something!!!

Have a great week....will check in...how did the beets turn out?

Donna July 14, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

That is such a valuable lesson - for all of us - not just children! Thanks for posting it...

mommy24treasures July 14, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

oh that is so funny, Its so true for many children and adults.

Michelle July 14, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

How cute! Well...even if the lesson wasn't easily understood by a little one.....it is a great reminder for all of us big people reading. : )

Have a great day!!

Michelle July 14, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

I could use that little reminder, too. I love her responses!

Briana's Mom July 14, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

That is a great message! I am trying harder myself to savor precious moments.

Ashley Winters July 14, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

Sweet, so very sweet. You are such a good mommy!

Shawnstribe July 14, 2008 at 5:21 PM  

what a funny posting : )
you did sooo well, and im sure it all went in hee hee
xxx
s (UK)
ps you have a beautiful daughter

mah-meeee July 14, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

very cute... kudos to you even trying to explain these complex topics!

Katie (and Tony) July 14, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

I can hear the inflection of your voice as you write. I can hear you saying these sweet things. Although it has been forever since we last spoke (kids can do that), your heart is in my head. Miss you...I'm off the take a Xanax per your orders-ha!

PS-Saw Dale and Dawn at Grandstaff's.Dale was interviewing at the time. Where did he end up getting a job?

Denise C July 14, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

Oh how cute!!! I love it! Out of the mouths of babes....!
So glad your beets turned out so wonderfully too! They sound yummy! I love anything vinegary!!! YUM!!!

Ronda July 18, 2008 at 1:00 AM  

Out of the mouths of babes comes the truth =). Funny story.

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP