July 3, 2008

I am taking the "Get Real' Challenge~

While checking in on a couple of my friends Courtney (When you have a moment read a bit about this amazing woman~ she is a beautiful wife and mother! Her story is inspiring) Jen (I love this girl and I'm so blessed by her friendship) and Nick (another beautiful wife and mother, with a wonderful sense of humor)I read where a challenge was put out by Angel. It is a challenge for us to ‘Get Real’ ~


While reading some of the other ‘Get Real Posts’, I found so many similarities between me and these remarkable ladies। It brought comfort knowing that I am not the only one.

My posts have all been real ~ but rarely do I ‘fess up’ to the parts of me that I just really don’t like. Well today I am going to fess up and ‘Get Real’.

1. I want to live my life with purpose, but I have no idea what the purpose of my life is.

2. Because I don’t know, I am always seeking.

Phew~ okay I can do this. Scary? Oh yeah, but I am going to continue!

3. I am not a morning person. This is really hard because my husband and daughter are. To try and over come this undesirable trait I began getting up earlier to walk or do Pilates each morning. Hoping that I could get into a good morning mood! The only thing it has done is make me dislike the mornings even more.

4. Exercise, is a four letter word stretched out into eight letters.

5. I find so much pleasure in eating. Sadly what I enjoy eating most is not great for me, yet another reason #4 is a necessary evil.

6. Being a working (outside the home) mom overwhelms me. What overwhelms me is that I try to give 100% at work and 100% at home. Unfortunately I don’t have 200% to give, so something gets the lesser of me and all too often it is my family.

Okay, for those of you staying with me through this~ number 6 was the hardest one for me to admit to so far.

7. Adopting Bella is the greatest joy of my life and I long to adopt again. But I am beginning to accept that this will not be in my future.

8. I love to decorate! Come to my home (yes, you can take this as an invitation) and you will see that not only do I love it I am pretty darn good at it. But at least once a month, typically during that time of the month I am not satisfied with how it looks or where anything is placed and I have an overpowering urge to change things up. Vito thinks PMS means (Pack it, move it, store it). Most husband dread the mood swings, my husband dreads the rearranging!

9. About my home. It is my haven~ but only if it is clean; when it’s not I can’t relax.

10. I am not a paper junkie~ this is a good and bad thing. The good~ I don’t have a lot of paper clutter in my office or at home. The bad~ many times I have gotten rid of papers that I should have kept.

11. I find myself in awe of the blessings in my life. I totally feel unworthy of them. Especially when it comes to my salvation.

12. This one relates to number 12~ I know that it is not by works that I am forgiven and saved; if it were I would fall so short. Regardless of this knowledge I struggle with feeling inadequate.

13. I’m married to an amazing man. In many ways he is a stereotypical Italian male, very passionate, full of life, loves red wine and good pasta. Flirts with all of my friends, not in a sexual way but in a very ‘Vito’ sort of way. He is gentle and kind. He always puts my needs before his own. Usually when someone meets him they like him instantly. And he is rarely in a bad mood~ I have to admit this can sometimes be irritating (just keeping it real).

14. Junkin~ do y’all know this term? It is what I call going to salvage yards, tag sales or thrift stores. It fires up my imagination, like nothing else. Someday I will show y’all some of my junkin’ finds!

15. I love to be inspired. There is nothing that inspires me more than being with someone who has incredible insight and is living out their true life’s purpose

16. Alone time is so important to me. Rarely do I get it. But when I do I feel recharged.

17. My devotional time is hit or miss. Right now it is more miss than hit! Perhaps if it were not so, 1 and 2 would not have made it to my ‘Get Real’ list.

18. If taste in music is any indication of a person’s age, I am old, REALLY OLD. I love the Standards~ Frank, Dean and Etta just to name a few.

19. I never want to hurt anyone. I have always tried to make those around me happy. And I want people to like me. These 3 things have always been important in my life but as I have gotten older (perhaps a bit wiser) I have realized that~ I will not always be able to make others happy and from time to time I may even hurt their feelings (unintentionally) and not everybody is going to like me.

20. Even my older (somewhat wiser self) is hoping way down deep, that even after reading all this ‘real stuff’ about me that y’all still like me!

Are any of you up for this ‘Get Real’ challenge?



Have an amazing Fourth!!!

23 comments:

Wife to the Rockstar July 3, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Great list!!!! I could relate to many of them.

I love to eat too... in fact... I think about food WAY more than I should. You are not alone!! Oh and exercise.... YUCK.

Jen July 3, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

Girl I love you! I am SO happy I know the REAL you - even before this list. You are a super friend, mom and wife!

Love ya!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! July 3, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

This was awesome.....have never seen "The Get Real Challenge"

First of all I am right there with you on #6, it is a juggling act!

Your #8 cracked me up....I love to decorate also....my husband cringes when he sees me coming in from some of my favorite stores....It only takes one new thing to add, and everything gets moved or put away! I drive him crazy....I will walk by and grab things for the next 3 days....it has to look just right!

I love your blog....Have a great weekend!

Lisa

Farrah and Jed July 3, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

What a great post...I'm still here and I loved reading your post!!

Thanks for stopping by mine and stop by at any time.

I will be checking in on you from time to time..

FYI: Your daugther is beautiful

Tereasa July 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Hearing about the real you only makes you...well, real. Thanks for sharing!

Briana's Mom July 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

I loved this post - I learned a lot about you! I am an emotional eater too. I completely understand that one. I also never want to hurt anyone. I am starting to learn too that may not always be possible. I think we have a lot in common!

Have a fantastic 4th!

Meredith July 3, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

That was great! You did a faboulous job and I enjoyed reading your "get real" entries. Very well thought out. Any mom in my book who works at a job outside the home is super-mom in my book!

I DEFINITELY want to meet up with you for the 15k race out at Disney and meet you. My husband and I are both running in that race. I believe my email address can be found on my blog and if not let me know and I'll get it to ya! I really would love to meet you!

Happy 4th to you too and have a great time! Oh and I just might have to take the "get real" challenge.....hmmmm.... :)

Michelle July 3, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

Are you kidding me? Still like you?!? I like you even more (as if I thought that were even possible!) What a great idea to take the "get real" challenge. I see many similarities between you and I.

Amanda July 3, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

I love it!! Gino is half Sicilian and even though he was raised in Guatemala, he is VERY Sicilian!!! He is also ALWAYS in a good mood, and I am right there with you that is does get annoying!! ;)

Katie (and Tony) July 3, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

You got real girlfriend...I love them all and I love you! thank you for being you!

mommy24treasures July 3, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

I admire you greatly for being so honest. Its the first step to improving anything I think.
I love to decorate too. I also am not happy unless the house looks clean. Especially bathrooms and kitchen.

Ashley Winters July 4, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

Thanks for letting your cyber friends get to know you a little bit better. Wish you lived closer as we have many similarities. I'm going through a divorce though so I don't have the sweet, thoughtful husband.

Walker July 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Love your post!!
#8 I love it .."pack it, move it, store it"... you crack me up!!

#14..?i think?
I love junkin too!! Can not WAIT to see some of your finds!!
wish we lived closer together.. I'd go with ya! I love it!!!!
Keisha

Colleen July 5, 2008 at 12:34 AM  

I am really enjoying your blog and enjoyed getting to know you a little better by this great list.
Number 7 touched my heart as I have really been tugging with my heart lately on feelings of wanting to adopt again. I know it is unlikely that we will so I am trying to find that peace in my heart.
Thank you for sharing!

elizabeth engelhardt creations July 5, 2008 at 9:06 AM  

That is great. I can relate to many of them. Especially 'quiet times' with God and alone time with myself.

Please do post your finds, I am all about being creative. Thanks for getting real with us (and leaving such a kind comment on my little sister's blog).
Elizabeth

Wife to the Rockstar July 5, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

Hi there... I read your post on my blog.... I wasn't there last week... with no air conditioning and those hard wood chairs and in my 8th month of pregnancy... it just wasn't happening. I am not sure how much more you will see me until the baby is born. The last few times I have went have been really miserable for me and by the end I want to cry.

Nicole July 5, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

#7 Just let me know when we are getting more "china dolls, Bella and Kelli need sisters! But you will have to hold my hand on the plane....
#8 We will be over a week from Tuesday LOL

mamamia July 6, 2008 at 2:19 AM  

I did it! This was SO hard. Thanks for the inspiration.
Micha

Angel July 6, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! THIS POST!!! I adore your "PMS" problem.... too funny. I am so glad you got real with us. I am sooooo not a morning person and if my children try to be I WON'T LET THEM! I know... that might be wicked. Hee hee... Hugs from another real person, Angel

sara July 6, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

Wow, I enjoyed your list & could Amen a lot of them!! Now, I am thinking since it is highly unlikely that I will be "popping" in on you, that you should do a photo tour of your house!! I need some decorating ideas badly!!!

Tami July 8, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

Thanks for 'getting real'....you're wonderful!!! I like you even more now:-)

Nicole July 9, 2008 at 12:25 AM  

OK... I too struggle with the same feelings in #12 even though I know it is by mercy and grace...

Nicole July 9, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

Oh! and #19... I am always struggling with that too. I am a peacekeeper by nature and I get so caught up in how I should have handled things differently in a situation if there is someone I don't feel I am clicking with. It is a horrible feeling. As I get older I am trying to let that go...

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP