July 1, 2008

During this time of waiting~

The past few weeks it has been heavy on my heart to pray for those of you who are waiting to be united with your chosen child.

The period after our dossier was complete, was one of the toughest times of my life. This time of wait (all be it a lot shorter than it is now) was painful because my arms longed to hold my child, my eyes desired to see her precious face, my nose wanted to smell her freshly washed hair, my ears needed to hear her cry and my lips had waited long enough to kiss her checks. She had been promised and I longed for her. With every part of my being I longed for her.

So friends, please know that you have a friend that is praying for you during this time. As part of that prayer, I am asking that God sends other adopting or adoptive families to your life. Vito and I were blessed by a dedicated group of Christian friends~ each of us were at different stages in our adoption process. This remarkable group of friends cheered us on, prayed for us, they held us up in times of sadness and then they rejoiced as the referrals came in and the babies began to come home.
The bonds that were forged four years ago are still strong today.  

While you are waiting I will continue to pray and I ask those of you out there whose babies are already safe with their forever families to join with me.  


Photos~ three of the 'babies' that were answers to prayer.  Bella, Autumn and Kya 

13 comments:

mommy24treasures July 1, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

I will join you in prayer for our fellow bloggers.
Love the pics of the girls.
I too was very encouraged through the wait just having the opportunity to be around others with their children. IT kept the hope alive.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! July 1, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

This wait is so difficult, but it is so much easier with the love and support of those around us in the adoptive community!

I have met some incredible people while we have waited and it is amazing that these special children will keep us connected for a lifetime.

Great post!

PS. One of the best decisions we made when we built this house was putting the bar room on the first floor....great for entertaining!!!!


Great post!

Daniella July 1, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Thank you so very much for this beautiful post and for your prayers. I read this and have tears in my eyes. It is amazing to me the wonderful people we are "meeting" through this journey. Thank you.

Kristi July 1, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

I myself can't begin to imagine what our wait would have been like without the prayers of family and friends! I pray daily for those still waiting...

Doug July 2, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

The wait for Briana was so trying, but along the way, I met so many wonderful people who were on the journey as well. It was so amazing! Love this post!

Michelle July 2, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

I'm joining you in praying for waiting families. The wait times, especially China, and unknowns in some countries right now have to be so difficult.

The girls are so precious together. What a blessing to meet these families during your journey to Bella.

BTW, I'm headed out of town and may not have Internet access for several days. YIKES! How to survive? ;-)

Tiffany July 2, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

That wait was also the hardest thing we have ever done.
I pray for all of those that are waiting.....
Having that group of friends is such a support during a difficult time.
It is what got us through and is so nice to have them to share with now.

Love the pictures of the beautiful girls!!

Mission to Macie July 2, 2008 at 10:30 PM  

what a sweet post.

the waiting is the worst :(

i am praying for my waiting friends too!


Jill :)

tracey July 2, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Thank you for such wonderful comments. You made me cry. The wait is way tougher than I ever imagined. The worst part the wait get longer and longer and the uncertainty is almost unbearable. But reading everyone's blogs gives me hope and reminds me that it will be well worth the wait once our ladybug is home.
You are a wonderful person.

Amanda July 2, 2008 at 10:45 PM  

thank you for your prayers!! I, along with so many others, appreciate every single word that reaches God's ears!

Dianne July 3, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

Great post! My heart goes out to those waiting and they are often in my prayers also. It is so tough, but the support helps.
Cute pics of lasting friendships!

sara July 6, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

I am in love with the group of bloggers that I have found (and that have found me) and have come along side me & shared their lives, experiences, families, hopes, prayers, dreams, scriptures, losses, so much with me. I wouldn't trade what I have gained in Christ for anything during the last 20 months!!

Thanks for your sweet thoughts & prayers. You are awesome!!

The Newbie August 18, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Good luck in your wait. It is hard but so worth it and you'll look back and wonder what you ever did without them. Our adoption journey was awesome, I need to write it all down before I forget all the tender mercies the Lord showed us during the process. I'll pray for you and all the others waiting.

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP