July 16, 2008

Child like faith~


This morning our little friend Autumn was scheduled to have (her 5th) surgery. Today’s surgery is hopefully going to close her palate. As we sat down for dinner last night I shared with Vito, Bella and ZsaZsa that Autumn was a little nervous about this surgery, given the fact that she had become sick after the last one. We said a little prayer for her and had our meal.

Afterwards Bella asked if she could please call her friend and let her know how much she loved her. We all talked to Autumn and her family for a few moments. After we hung up, Bella asked if she could call her family. So for 30 minutes we proceed to call every member of our family (and those she loves like family), to ask them to please pray for Autumn.

I sat there in amazement as I listen to her talk to or leave messages for those she loves. Amazed because of her faith~ faith in what she was doing, faith in God, and faith in the power of prayer.

At age four did I possess this kind of faith? For that matter do I possess it now?

Often I believe that my role as mother is to guide, teach and live as an example to my daughter. But last night it was my daughter who was guiding, teaching and being an example to me.

Thank you baby girl


At the time of me writing this I have not heard any news regarding Autumn’s surgery but I'm following my daughters lead and ask for your prayers this precious little girl and her family.

Update ~ 8:27 PM, we just heard from Dawn, Autumn mom. She reported that the surgery took 5 hours, all went well and Autumn's new palate is in place. Thank you for your prayers~ God is so good!

Photo ~ Autumn during a trip to the park

17 comments:

Rebecca July 16, 2008 at 6:03 PM  

That is beautiful. What a sweet faith God has given Bella!!!

Paula July 16, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Ahhh, the faith of a child. No wonder Jesus says, let the little children come to me.
Thanks for sharing that story.

Briana's Mom July 16, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

Bella is one sweet girl! I will be praying for Bella's little friend.

Michelle July 16, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

She is following your lead, my dear. You should be so proud. What a special girl. A true sweet heart.

Sending up a prayer for Autumn.

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy July 16, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Beautiful....
I will be praying for Bella's friend...
Bella is amazing... and you have done a Great job as a mommy...
Hugs..

Amanda July 16, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

what a precious post! it just brought tears to my eyes!! what a precious little heart!!

Barbie July 16, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

What a beautiful example of faith. True faith. What a gift to learn such a sweet message from a four year old!

Michelle July 17, 2008 at 12:12 AM  

I am so happy that the surgery was successful...5 hours is a long time!

Children have amazing faith and you are right...we can learn so much from our kids!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! July 17, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

How sweet is Bella!

Glad to hear Autumn is doing well!
He does come through when we need him to....the power of prayer is amazing!

Lisa

sara July 17, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

I love the picture of Autumn going don the slide! and praise God that she doesn't have to have any more surgeries!!!

I love Bella's heart at 4. She is a great picture of what God wants US to be like!

Jeff and Amy July 17, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

How wonderful, and what an amazing little girl you have raised. Will say a prayer for your sweet friend.

tracey July 17, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

I am so glad Autumn is doing well. You are a wonderful mother and you have a special child. Once again you brought tears to my eyes.

Tracey

Kerry July 17, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Your post is so beautiful. We can learn so much from our children.

You are blessed to have one compassionate girl.

Kerry
Mama to Grace and Maddie

mommy24treasures July 17, 2008 at 11:50 PM  

oh what a sweet post. So glad to hear the update too.
Hope you are feeling better.

Patty July 18, 2008 at 12:55 AM  

Bella is so blessed to have such a Godly role model in her Momma. She is obviously mirroring what she sees from you. I will add Autumn to my prayers for healing and her family to surrender their worries to God, the greatest healer..our son has had several surgeries and the 8th or 9th is no easier than the first.

Ronda July 18, 2008 at 1:02 AM  

What a sweet girl and what a great mom to teach her such great values. I am glad Autumn is doing well...Bella's prayers were answered.

Denise C July 18, 2008 at 4:20 AM  

What a precious heart your little Bella has! She has learned this trait from her Mommy and Daddy!
You guys are obviously teaching her all about having a servant's heart...and complete faith in God! Awesome!!!
So thankful that little Autumn's surgery was a success ...we will continue to lift her in prayer as she heals!
Sweet Blessings,
Denise

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP