June 4, 2008

Panzanella Salad Recipe~

I have collected quite a few favorite recipes. Some of these recipes have been passed down from cooks far better than me. Some recipes I have revamped by experimenting with the ingredients. Sometime it has been necessary for me to leave out or add an ingredient depending on what I have on hand. Some of my favorites I know by heart, and some I feel so comfortable with I change it up just about every time I make it. I even have a couple that I have created completely on my own ~


Then there have been a few specific recipes that I have searched long and hard for. Looking through cookbooks, watching cooking shows, and Googling to find my desired recipe. At times I have thought I found it to be left thinking "there must be a better recipe out there" then the search begins again. When the perfect recipe is finally found I do not alter or sway from it. Here is one of those recipes. I never change* it (though there are many various to this salad out there) because I think it is perfect~ Ina Garten's Panzanella Salad Recipe





* The only change I have made, is I make up about double the amount of bread this recipe calls for. Simply because after years of making it I have learned that this is most peoples favorite part of this salad (my as well). By doing this I also found that I also needed to make a bit more dressing so it is not so dry.
Please share your favorite recipes with me. I love to cook and enjoying trying new things!!!

Photos: Bread toasting in the pan, tomatoes, my oils and vinegars, the complete salad ~ Yummy!!



5 comments:

Tami June 4, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

This sounds and LOOKS so yummy! We have a get together coming up this weekend and I offered to bring a salad....I'm definitely giving this a try, thanks!

mah-meeee June 4, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

yummy! that looks so good, i'm going to have to try to make that too!

btw, love your new title picture! you have some really awesome looking pictures!

Katie (and Tony) June 4, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

Hey Lady!!! Long time, no speak :( I LOVE your blog! Who knew? Here is ours.. http://tonykatiemeyer.blogspot.com

Let's chat sometime! Hugs and smooches!,
Katie

Lori June 5, 2008 at 12:42 AM  

Oh this looks yummy!

momtwo4 June 5, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Thanks for posting the link for this recipe. I loved it and can't wait to have it again!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP