June 26, 2008

My heart has finally reached it's normal pace and I can now share my day with you~

Today I did something completely terrifying. My palms are sweating as I recall the moment that had me paralysis with fear.

Let me try to set the scene for you~

On my way into work this morning my friend Nancy called so cheerful asking if I could come by and pick her up for our morning meeting. As I drove into the parking lot, Nancy excitedly jumped in~ I barely had time to move my stuff out of the passenger seat. To say she was eager would not fully describe the enthusiasm she was showing. I smiled and said good morning (flatly) while I turned the car around and drove us to our looming meeting.

Once there we walked into a huge room full of smiling women all talking in the same excited way as my friend Nancy. We scanned the room looking for where we needed to go, when our glaze fell onto a kind looking women. She asked us to have a seat up front and told us that Judy would be right with us. We sat there for just a few moments~ Nancy knew a few of ladies there so she was socializing. I sat there pretty stoic (which is not like me AT ALL) but the fear I mentioned in the first part of this post was already showing itself.

After a few minutes went by, I began thinking to myself there has to be another way, maybe I should reconsider, just as my thoughts were beginning to bring me a bit of comfort Judy (kill-joy) walked over and introduced herself. She gave both Nancy and I a clipboard with a form to fill out. Then she asked “so, who would like to go first?” Suddenly Nancy became a deaf mute, saying nothing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! For the briefest of moments I thought ‘the door is right there, grab Nancy's arm and bolt’ but instead I timidly I said “I will”.

With my heart thumping out of my chest I stepped up and stepped on~





Girlfriends~ please pray for me as I continue this weight loss journey, now with the help of Weight Watchers and if you have ANY tips by all means please share them.


P.S. Nancy’s excitement fell away as she walked back to her seat. It seems the scales have a way of beating the joy out of even the most eager participate.

21 comments:

Nicole June 26, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

WOW Congrats joining WW, and I mean that.(I would love to join with you but need to wait until Nick is in school for AM meetings.) I have wanted to join many times but chicken out so GOOD For YOU for doing it!

Jen June 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Way to go girl! I am SO proud of you and inspired too!! I'd love to join after the kids are back in school. When/where do you go?

Love ya!

Kristi June 26, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

Best of luck to you! You should do better with a friend to encourage you... Just don't let her do what my sister and I did for each other when we joined a step aerobics class a few years ago ~ we'd call one another and say something like, "I'll take you out for ice cream if you skip class with me tonight..."

Daniella June 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

Congratulations and good luck! I did LA Weight loss and lost 30 pounds. The first meeting for me was the hardest.

Mom To Six June 26, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

WW is awesome! I so wish I could get outta my "find every excuse in the book" stage and start losing weight.

Rooting for ya....

Ohilda

Briana's Mom June 26, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

I am sure that meeting was tough - but good for you! I wish you the best of luck!

Colleen June 26, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

Wishing you all the best as you begin this journey!! Yeah for you!! I am cheering you on!!

Michelle June 26, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

You are cracking me up! My heart was pounding just to find out what had you so full of fear. Ahh... scales! Now that makes total sense. I get that feeling, too. I have heard good things about WW. It's great you have a friend to do this with you. Best of luck!

Amanda June 26, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

I think you've taken the first step already!! I've started trying to walk/run at least three days a week for at least 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes. It's been very refreshing!!

Paula June 27, 2008 at 12:47 AM  

Wow, good for you. You made the leap of faith. that is the hardest part. I have another blogger friend who did weight watchers and has done really well with it.

Ronda June 27, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

I hear WW is wonderful and to have a friend joining you-what a support. I wish you the best of luck-and thanks for the inspiration...I am putting down the extra cookies =).

Little Patch of Heaven June 27, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

You are on your way. Best of luck. I am just finishing up HCG and I have lost 30 pounds. I feel so much better and my clothes actually fit.

Take care.
Danette

Marla June 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

I love reading your post, I could not imagine what in the world you where talking about. Good luck with WW, I'm all for what ever makes you feel better. Also, I've been meaning to tell you I love the picture in your header(I hope I'm saying that right) I hope to get some pictures like that when we head to sunny Florida next month.

EllieNat June 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

How wonderful to have a friend as you start the WW challenge. Nothing tastes as good as seeing those pounds come off! BEST OF LUCK!!!

Briana's Mom June 27, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

I tagged you on my blog! :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! June 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

First time visiting...found you through Briana's Mom!

I have to tell you that Bella is such a beautiful little girl!

Congrats on joining WW..I know it is not an easy thing to do...although people look at me and would never say I was overweight, I have struggled with an eating disorder that has crept in and out of my life for many years....this post was very inspiring to me and I wish you lots of luck on your journey!

I will be back to check in!

mah-meeee June 27, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

good luck in your weight loss journey! you are already winning the battle by doing something about it!

me... i have alot to learn from you!

mah-meeee June 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

hey... left you something over by my blog. :)

Katie (and Tony) June 27, 2008 at 7:22 PM  

I have done WW....Fiber and water are your best friends! I am all about Fiber! Oh, and I love my ice cream...so I had a sensible lunch-double fiber bread (imagine that) with bologna, 13 wheat cracker/ crisps and a ice cream bar-6 points! i was always trying to find the lowest point foods for dessert and i still lost.....

but focus on the fiber and buy lots of toilet paper :)

Sharie June 27, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Weight Watchers is very doable if you can stick with it. I've been successful with it twice losing 30+ pounds both times. The thing is, once you start to lose weight or get to your ideal weight, you can't stop going...you'll need the support. That was my mistake.

Dewey & Stacey June 28, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

You go girl!!! Especially since you went first in FRONT of a group of people... give your self a pat on the back you deserve it!! I have heard really good things about WW, congrats!!
Have a great weekend!
Stacey

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP