June 13, 2008

Just a couple of things~

Let me start this post with a WOW!!!! Girls, y'all are amazing. I am so impressed with the ideas you shared regarding 'Girl's night'. It is a true blessing to have such creative friends.

If you are reading my blog for the first time or if you have not had a chance to see the last post ~ Please take time and read the comments that were left. I have no doubt you will be inspired!

Wednesday was our first (official) 'girl's night'. We ended up staying home and it was fabulous. Right after the dinner dishes were done we kick Daddy out of the kitchen~ I think he was pretty happy to comply (he had the TV, sofa and remote all to himself, heck what guy wouldn't be happy!) Then Bella and I began the first of two projects.

Project #1~ We put on our aprons and gathered all the ingredients to make two Carmel Pies (that we needed for a cook out we went to last night). The milk that is used for the inside of these of the pies takes a couple of hours to cook so I did this part of the recipe on Tuesday night. Bella pulled a stool up to the counter and we began the process of putting the pies together. Bella even assigned herself a job. Job description: see how much Carmel can be left on the spatula~for licking!!! With the pies done we did a quick clean up (mostly Bella's face) and moved on to project #2

Project #2~ I have a wonderful friend that I met through our adoption group that offered a fantastic gift idea for a Father's Day. Her suggestions was to start a yearly Father's Day Scrap Book, and add a new page or two each year to it. Isn't that a great idea!?!?!?

This is the fourth year that I have done it and I have to tell you Vito looks forward to coffee in bed, and Bella bringing him his special book. Each year I add two new pages with my favorite photo of the two of them, a phrase quote or story, Bella's hand print and drawing that she made for her daddy. Last year the photo I used is my blogs header photo (the one of Vito swinging Bella at the beach) and beside the photo, I wrote "Every girl, deserves a man like this in her life".

This year Bella did all the work, she picked out the paper and accents that she wanted, the photo she liked, she wrote "I love you Daddy, Isabella", and she made 'thumb print' flowers all across the bottom of the page. Then with very little help from me (oh how fast they grow) she assembled it!!


I have no doubt that when Bella climbs up in her daddy's lap on Sunday morning and they look through 'his special' book, this years pages will be his all time favorite!!!

Have a blessed weekend~

8 comments:

mah-meeee June 13, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

what a great girls night! these are moments that you & bella will cherish forever.

what a great idea for a scrapbook for daddy!

Briana's Mom June 13, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

Sounds just wonderful! Hope your hubby has a terrific father's day!

Laurie June 13, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

Thanks for your comments on my blog- I went to find yours and had so much fun looking through it! I'll visit again soon!! I loved your idea for the girl's night- SO cute!!

Amanda June 13, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

what a sweet idea!! i love it!! (i will definitely have to borrow it too!!)

Katie (and Tony) June 13, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

I love the daddy scrapbook idea too! Can I steal it? It is weird for a son to do this for his dad? He's only 3...the son, not the dad :)

Michelle June 13, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

Caramel pies! YUMMY! I want some!
Great idea about a dad's scrapbook. I purchased the Dad's Rule digital kit from Shabby Miss Jenn and am doing some special pages to frame for his office. What a great idea to do a seperate scrapbook just for him, too. Mind if I steal your great idea? Isn't that the sincerest form of flattery? :-)

Cyndi June 14, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

Love the book idea. I will have to do that when we get Lilly Rae home. Glad you had a great night with Bella and happy fathers day to you guys.

Michelle June 15, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

The Father's Day scrap book is such a great idea!! I am sure it is something he will cherish from year to year!

Have a Blessed Sunday!!!!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP