June 28, 2008

A girls gotta have her moment~

And thanks to Mah- Meeee at Raising A & C I am having mine. Girlfriend, thank you for the honor of nominating me for the Arte Y Pico award.  

 
Mah-Meeee has two precious daughters, it is a pleasure when she post a new photo of them. Seeing them makes me smile.  One of my favorite things that instantly endeared her to me was the sweet compliments she gives.  My friend,  It has been a pleasure getting to know you!

Now per Mah-Meee's instructions I need to nominate five blogs that I would like to pass this award on to:

1. To my newest bloggy friend ~Melissa at Stretch Marks

This chick has an amazing gift with words and so humorous.  Since we are both from the south I can hear her accent in my head as I read. I have laughed till I cried reading her posts.  It would be impossible to pin point a favorite post of hers but if you are a Lost fan you have to read this post .

2. Paige at Simple Thoughts

This blog was my very first blog.  Oh I had read some others, but none that I really paid much attention to or felt the desire to start at the beginning and read through till the end.  Simple Thoughts, was my first and has remained one my favorites.  Take a moment, take a few and go to one of the best blogs out there.  

3. Sara at Football and Fried Rice 

Sara is a mom to all boys at the moment but is awaiting the arrival of her daughter from China. It has been such a joy to read about the adventures her 3 guys (2 sons and husband) takes her on.  And it is a blessing to be able to follow along with her on her journey to her daughter.  


Another mom of two precious boys, and in the process of adopting from China.  Right now Lori is taking the summer off from blogging (good for you girl) but scroll back through and look at the pictures from their last vacation on Nantucket, if you are like me you will start planning a trip there after seeing her photos!.  Lori, thank you for all of your advice and information.  We are planning our trip there in September.  Unfortunately not until 09. 

5. Michelle at Born in our heart

Michelle has such a tender sweet spirit about her.  She uplifts me with her writing and comments.  She has two beautiful daughters and is currently sharing the story of her oldest daughter on her blog and it has been wonderful to read. You can follow at Leila's story


All of these ladies plus others have been an unforeseen blessing to me.  When I began this blog it was to share our daily or weekly activities with my family and friends, who live too many miles away.  But God has opened the door and allowed me to meet some amazing women!!! I have laughed, learned, been inspired, cried, and rejoiced while reading their stories.  It really has been an unforeseen blessing and I thank you.

Here are the rules for those that were nominated:

1.  Pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2.  Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3.   Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4.  Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte Y Pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this ward.

(http://arteypico.blogspot.com)

7 comments:

sara June 28, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

Awww.you are so sweet!! I read Paige's blog from beginning to end too!! She has such a beautiful heart and her daughters and gorgeous!! I just got tagged form someone else, so I will remember this soon!! HUGS!

my3 kids June 28, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

Congrats on your award....it's so fun to stop and visit Bit's & Pieces of a Blessed Life. It's been fun getting to know your family:)

Michelle June 28, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Oh Krista,
You are such a sweetheart. I am blushing... and honored. I suppose there is a no tapbacks rule here, but if not, you'd be one of my five, too. ;-)

We have had a whirlwind of a day - preparing for and then throwing Leila's big b-day bash, dinner at her fav restaurant and then to see Kung Fu Panda. If I don't get to post about this tonight, I will as quickly as possible.

Have a super weekend!

Melissa Lee June 28, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

What???? I got an award?

I have never won anything in my life. Except for this one time when I actually won a cake in a cake-walk game.

Which was really awkward since I was the chubbiest person playing the game. Ahhhh...such is my lot in life. What can I say?

Thank you, my sweet new friend, for your words. I think you just made my night!!

Melissa at Stretch Marks

mamamia June 30, 2008 at 5:51 AM  

Hey! What about me????? What am I? Chopped liver? TE HE! Just kidding.

The Byrd Family July 1, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

I love, love, love Sara....she is pure joy and light to me.

~Laura~ July 8, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

THe Blog Union is a get together for a bunch of Ethiopian adoption bloggers.

You can read about it here.

http://web.mac.com/careygrange/DrewCareyShow/Blog_Union.html

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP