June 15, 2008

Father's Day

When ever we have a helium balloon in our home my daughter will say  "I am going to send this up to Pops in Heaven"  we all go outside and watch as my daughter lovingly sends her treasured item to a grandfather that she knew such a short amount of time but loved very much.


After church we had some friends over for a cook out and fellowship. Before everyone left we went outside and sent our Heavenly Father our love on Father's day~



Thankfully the rain stopped long enough for us to send balloons on their way.  

7 comments:

Daniella June 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

Happy Father's Day!

My son only knew his grandpa (my Dad) for 14 months and since he has sent every helium balloon up to heaven to be with Grandpa. Even now at almost 9 he does it.

redmaryjanes June 15, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

I think that is a wonderful tradition! Happy Father's Day.

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy June 15, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

Happy Father's Day...
Love the balloon idea...
Great Tradition..
Have a Great Week..

Briana's Mom June 16, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

Beautiful!

Ronda June 16, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

How sweet Bella remembers her Pops and what a way to pay tribute. Ella was 10 days away from meeting her Grandma when she suddenly passed away...I will always be sad that she never got to meet her.

Tami June 16, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

What a beautiful idea!

Nicole June 18, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

ohhh! I LOVE this idea! I think I'll steal it. Thanks!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP