June 22, 2008

Come to Him as little children~

A few weeks ago our church building had sewage pipes break~ typically there is no good news when this happens. So for the unforeseen  future we are worshiping at a local school.  But last Sunday this sewage spill became a blessing in my life (God truly can turn our garbage or in our case poop into beauty)


Here's what went down~

Last Sunday on our way to church (at the school) Bella Mia asked if we could please go back to our old church. I tried to once again explain that our building was still being repaired but that everyone we go to church with would be at the new building.  Regardless of how I tried to convince her, she was having none of it.  So we concocted a plan~ Bella would join Vito and I during the praise and worship part of the service and then go to children's church.  We found our seats next to some dear friends (two more blessing brought to our lives through adoption~love you guys!!!) and began to sing.  For those of you who don't know me here is a little insight~ I love to praise ~ I sing, I cry, I lift my hands.  Last Sunday was no different except for the little girl standing beside me.  Last Sunday I was able to stand and witness my child praising God. Her arms were raised, her eyes were closed and she was singing (not the song the worship leader was singing,  but still she was singing).  Can I tell you my heart was overflowing with joy.   Tears welled up in my eyes and I thanked God for allowing me that moment.   

Is this what God feels when He looks down and see us praising Him? I can only imagine how His heart must over flow.  Magnificence glory.

  


10 comments:

mommy24treasures June 22, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

oh what a lovely post. Hope your Sunday is wonderful and filled with His love.

Wife to the Rockstar June 22, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

How precious your little girl is!!! She is SO beautiful! I realized after we met today that I never did ask you about her!
I am happy to see you have a blog... now I can get to know you guys better.

Michelle June 22, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

What a beautiful sight, I'm sure. If only our minds had video cameras. I'd love to see her beside her mama, praising the God who brought you two together.

Mom To Six June 22, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

Krista,

Isn't it amazing how only HE could turn a poop mess in something that brings Him glory.

I totally felt everything you said since our Anna Grace also praises and worships like her Mama (eyes shut, arms up and singing as if it were only Jesus and I in the room)!

What an awesome story.

By the way, where in So. Florida are you? We're in Ft. Myers.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Amanda June 22, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

I actually thought of something similar last Sunday as I was standing there with my dad during worship service. I imagine the day that I can share in that experience with Flor!!

Paula June 23, 2008 at 12:47 AM  

I love that. I never thought of it that way, God looking down on us praising HIM. What a darling sight to see Bella praising God.

Terri June 23, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

Oh wow! What an awesome story! I loved reading every word!

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I loved looking at all your pictures and your daughter is a beauty!

mah-meeee June 23, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

just beautiful.

Angie June 23, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

What a precious moment that must've been! I have to believe that our worship and praise does bring smiles and tears of joy to our Father.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! Stop by anytime! ;) It is so nice to "meet" you. Your daughter is beautiful and I will certainly be back to get to know you both better!
Have a great week!

Tami June 25, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

What a wonderful post and blessing for you. I agree God doesn't want us to hold anything back from Him, especially when our hearts are filled with overflowing love and praise......you go girls!!!!

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP