June 20, 2008

Journal for Bella's books~

At the time we began our adoption journey I also began to keep a daily journal in an effort to recorded what we were doing, thinking and feeling during our paper chasing and months of waiting. On the day we received Bella’s referral my journal became a reference guide, allowing us to look back and see what we were doing the day our daughter was born and again on the day she was found.

When we read that the day Vito and I told my mom that we were adopting was the very day that Bella was born~ it was another piece of evidence of God’s handy work in our adoption story. 

This daily journaling continued all the way through our trip to China and it holds all my cherished memories~

Now that we are home I’ve continued to journal (although it is not on a daily bases). The pages now hold memories of our life as a family of three. Page upon page is filled with the adorable things Bella says and does. Some of the pages contain my thoughts, hopes, fears, desires, and realizations.

In years to come Bella will be able to read how when she was two, her determination amazed me and at three she gave me the scare of my life. Someday I want her to know that when she was four, it may have seemed like Mommy and Daddy had all the answers but the truth was we didn’t. I want my words to reveal what my heart feels and be a reflection of my life. When she has questions, perhaps reading through these journals will offer some of the answers. With every word written the love we have shows through so if there is ever a time when she needs a reminder of this love I pray that somehow these words and the memories they hold, will serve as that reminder.

These journals have become my way of ‘scrap booking’. Every January I begin a new book and fill it with my words, her stories, and our memories. I add in the many pictures that we take throughout the year and at the end of each year we have it made into a book. It is a beautiful way of detailing our lives and we have spent hours looking, reading, and remembering our way through these books.

Lately I have been adding some of my ‘scrap book’ pages to this blog. You may have seen under ‘Tidbits’, the label ‘Journal for Bella’s Book’ these are post from ‘Our 2008 Family Book’. Some of the journals that I plan to share in the future will be a bit more personal and you will notice that they are written in letter form to Bella. I will post these cautiously but with a transparent heart, for I hope that through my transparence God might be seen. My prayer is that anyone who reads theses personal post will do so with out judgment and condemnation.

I have so enjoyed what this blog has provided~ a way to stay connected to the ones I love and an opportunity to meet new friends.  Thank you all for your lovely comments and for allowing me to take a glimpse inside your lives, we are kindred spirits.

Photos~ Our family books

11 comments:

Briana's Mom June 20, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

She will cherish them so...

sara June 20, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

I love the journal idea for Bella. Do you print them at shutterfly? I am looking for a less time consuming way to journal for our family..

mah-meeee June 20, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

what a great idea! do you get them printed somewhere, it looks so professional.

btw, we love our wii!

Tiffany June 20, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Love the journal idea! That is something she will cherish!!!!!!!

Marla June 20, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

What a great thing to do for your daughter. Your post is amazing, I sometimes feel I dont know how to put things into words and yours just seems to flow. I hope one day I'll be able to write like you.

Michelle June 20, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

I am sure that you have poured out your heart onto those pages. That is a priceless gift to her. There will be a day when she is old enough to understand and appreciate all the love and dedication that you have put into them.

Paula June 21, 2008 at 12:36 AM  

What a great idea. She will cherish those journals one day.

paige June 21, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

i think taking the time to remember & document the everyday moments & the special moments in our children's lives will certainly make them feel so cherished
yea for you!

The Byrd Family June 21, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

This is such a wonderful idea! I use my blog for journaling my thoughts and TRUST ME, I am completely transparent. Your thoughts and feelings are your own and no one should judge you for feeling them. You are a wonderful mom!

Nicole June 22, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

I too have been keeping a journal (notebook) full of letters I started writing to her when we began the adoption process. I try to fill the pages with sweet little things I want to remember about what she says and does now. I love that the day she was born has such a personal connection to your family halfway across the world. There is NO doubt that God was at work the entire time! Thank goodness for that!

Melissa Lee June 24, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

Oh, sweet, Bella.
She will love those journals.

If you've read all my blog posts - and Lord help us all, I think you have...then you know Remi is adopted. I want so badly for her to have something to look back on and read and know where my heart was during those exciting months and days leading up to her arrival. But when it comes to writing it all down or crafting it all out - I'm lost.

Do you know much about online journaling? I have heard good things about this kind of stuff but wanted your take on it. Creative Memories does this too, I heard.

Ah well...just know that our hearts are intertwined my friend. We know how full your arms feel after all that waiting, do we not?

Great to meet you! :)

Melissa at Stretch Marks

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP