May 2, 2008

Wish me luck~


Vito, Bella and I are headed to Orlando today. We are going up for two reasons. First a mini vacation is desperately needed by both Vito and I. We are staying at a beautiful resort, Grand Cypress Hyatt. We have had the pleasure of staying here before and it is one of our favorite hotels in the Orlando area. The second reason; I am participating in my first 15K. I am beyond excited but nervous at the same time. The excitement I am feeling is understandable but my nerves may need to be explained. For the last 14 weeks I have been following a training program, in an effort to reduce my time (Disney requires that you walk a 15 minute mile, this includes any bathroom and water breaks that you may need) and increase my distant. It was going great, I have two friends that I train with 5 days a week (along with my husband and my sister's constant support, guidance and encouragement). I wrote that it was going great, and it was up until 3 weeks ago. Here is what happened. We were doing a 9 mile walk with interval jogging. We got to about 7.5 miles when my legs began to feel like jelly. We made it home fine, but by that night I could barely walk. I am not sure what happened but after a few days of rest my knee felt better, so I tried a 4 mile walk, the pain came back. I talked with a physical therapist who suggested, ice and heat, stretching and no training. I listened to his advice, my knee feels great but nerves have set in.

Please remember me on Sunday morning and say a quick prayer that me knee holds out.

I wish you all a blessed weekend. I will post again on Tuesday.

1 comments:

mamamia May 2, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

AAYYYYY!!!! No Way! I will be cheering you on in my heart all weekend. Maybe we can do this together next year???

MMmuuuaaaahhh (big kiss)

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP