May 21, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes ~

I am really going to be telling on myself (and my dear Mr. Man ~ Vito) with this story but it is just too cute not to share.


While we were in Maryland for the wedding we rented a car for the trip.  Once we were settled in we began to navigate our way into unfamiliar territory. Fortunately we had 'Bab's' (our GPS) and printed  Map Quest directions.  We were on our way, so I thought.  'Bab's' and I had told Vito the next turn he needed to make so I got on the phone to let our friend Michelle know we were on our way. A moment later I realize Vito is not making the turn we need.  Here is what followed that realization:

Me, "What are you doing?" 
Vito, "Well I thought I needed to stay on this road" 
Me, "Why would you think that when I have the direction and told you which way to go and the GPS is telling you the same thing???"
Vito, beginning to raise his voice- "I don't know I thought I was suppose to"
Me, also raising my voice "I guess you know better than us? You need to get off here" 
Vito, louder still "I can't there are cars all around, what should I do?" 
Me, beginning to lose it "Figure it out oh wise one"(I told y'all I would be telling on myself) 

Finally we get turned around, 15 minutes later we are back to the exit that we needed to take, apologies are said, explanation of how sometimes people get upset but they still love each other are made.  

After a few moments of silence (which is a rarity in my family)  Bella exclaims:


                                    "Maryland was a mistake" 

I love the way she speaks her mind!!! 

Just a few more photos from our trip that most certainly was not a mistake~




6 comments:

The Byrd Family May 21, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

That was cute!

Germ Juice is just what my little ones call hand sanitizer. My Emma Jane has such yucky allergies and asthma that we use it ALL the time. Matter of fact, when we were going for fingerprints for Emma's final adoption, it took them over an hour to get my fingerprints! lol

Walker May 21, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

What beautiful photos!!!
I got tickled reading this post... cuz.. it sounds a little like me and my DHubs! lol!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment on my blog! I look forward to reading yours!!

missy May 21, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

This post is too funny!!! Bella sounds like a hoot! The pictures from your trip are beautiful...I think Bella would agree, Maryland was not a mistake : )

Nicole May 21, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

I'd love to know more about how you decided to adopt Bella. I'm sure I probably skipped over that in a previous post. My heart aches to adopt, but six years is so long to wait.

Lisa May 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

I love the photos! Bella sounds like a funny little girl!

Steffie B. May 21, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

too funny....love the pictures! Especially the last one! ;)

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP