May 28, 2008

One week ago~


My heart is still so heavy in mourning for this family, I know yours is as well. At different times through out this past week the Chapman family came to mind. Like when I was folding Bella's clothes ~ how hard would this simple task be if she were no longer here to put them back on. Making her bed and being so thankful that she would be crawling back in it that night.  And being ever more careful each and every time I get behind the wheel.


For years I have loved Steven's music. It has offered me hours of enjoyment, it's been there in times of praise and has been comforting when I was hurting. In more recent years his and Mary Beth's love for orphans has been a source of inspiration, as well as being instrumental in our adoption story.

Today I am still in pray for this family. My prayer is: that Our Heavenly Father places a hedge of angels around them and their home and that He gives them comfort like only He can. Also Vito and I could not think of a better way to honor this family, this little girl and all the other families that have (been) chosen to open their heart and their home to the orphans of our world, than by giving to Maria's Miracle Fund. Donations can be made at shaohannahshope.org
These donations will go to help assist families with the cost of adoption.

In time we will see good come from this tragedy. I believe it with all my heart, because as Paul writes in Romans 8: 28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord: those who are called according to His purpose.





9 comments:

Ashley Winters May 28, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

What a beautiful posting. I am also deeply saddened by their loss. I can't imagine life without one of my children.

Briana's Mom May 28, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

I am still so sad too. I can't stop thinking about them.

sara May 28, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Beautiful prayer. I, too, imagine that their hearts are very heavy & I pray for their protection.

Taylor Grace May 28, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

What a beautiful post. It touched me very deeply.

redmaryjanes May 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

I am so sad for them, there is so much traged here, the loss of the child, the suffering of the driver brother and the grief of the children who witnessed the incident. I have been praying for them.

tracey May 28, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

What a tragedy. My greatest fear in life is losing one of children. How do you recover from a loss like that. Sounds like she has wonderful friends and family. I feel so sad for them.

Meredith Teagarden May 28, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

They are on my heart constantly and I have and am praying for them. What a comfort to know all of us are preaying for them. I hope they realize how much they are cared for in the Body of Christ!

jennifer May 28, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

I am feeling the same pain. I just can't believe it. It has kept me in prayer this week.

Eric and Michelle May 29, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

Very happy you found my blog. I always appreciate comments. I look forward to looking over yours too. You have a beautiful daughter.

Blessings!
Michelle

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP