May 12, 2008

My reality Better than any Dream come true~


When I was younger I would dream about the children I would someday have. I always wanted four, not really sure why other than the fact that there was three kids in my family and so often one of us felt left out. So four was my number, I was going to begin to have my children around the age of twenty-four and have one every other year by the time I reached thirty I would be done. There would be two girls and two boys but what I really hoped for all four to be girls. Now my plan early on was flawed, I didn't marry your daddy till I was twenty-five almost twenty-six. Okay I thought, I can work with this, after all you only meet the man of your dreams once. We will still have four kids and now I will be done before I turn thirty-five. Phew, disaster avoided. Then reality set in, I would not be having children every two years, pregnancy was not going to be part of my future. What? This was never part of my dream. I knew that dreams didn't always come true but this was hard to understand. By the time I turned thirty the dream of having four kids was long gone. By the time I turned thirty-five the dream of becoming a mom was also gone. My life was different than the life I dreamed of years earlier but I was happy, in love and fulfilled.

On August 16, 2003 (age 35) in an auditorium filled with thousands of other people God began a work in me that changed me forever. He opened my heart, sent Daddy and me half way around the world, and revealed that His reality would bring joy to my life like no dream ever could.

8 comments:

Briana's Mom May 12, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

I completely understand what you are saying! I always thought I would just "have a baby" growing up. When this didn't happen, I was not sure where to turn. Adopting Briana was my path all along and I am so happy - actually, I am beaming (and you are too)!

Happy Mom's Day to you!

Donna May 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

What a lovely picture! I'm so happy your dream did come true!

Diana May 12, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog:)
Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Alyson & Ford May 12, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

Beautiful! How our journey to motherhood is so important; it prepares us for appreciating the life God gave us.

I too thought I would have children...three to be exact. It came true in a very different way - I have been "stepping" to two wonderful children for 22 years and now adopting. I will have my three!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Michelle May 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. You are a beautiful family. You give me hope that some day my dream may also be fulfilled. Happy belated Mother's Day!

mamamia May 13, 2008 at 12:06 AM  

Now you have given me chills and a tear in my eye!

You are a remarkable woman.

Greg and Steph May 19, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Love your story! Thank you for sharing your heart!
Steph

~Laura~ May 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

That totally just made me cry. Don't you just love the way God comes in and throws OUR plans out the window and replaces them with His. His ways are so much better than our ways.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm looking forward to reading your blog as well.

~Laura

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP