April 24, 2008

Thankful~

My husband Vito and I are trying show our daughter Bella ways to have a thankful heart. We want her to understand that life's true blessings come from our Heavenly Father, and that He deserves our praise. So we began a nightly routine about a year ago, where the three of us pile onto her little bed and say 3 to 5 things that we are thankful for. Recently I began to journal what we said during this time. I did it in an effort to never forget what my daughter was thankful for at age four, but I also found that in rereading the journal in times of saddness it brings forth great joy.

Two nights ago while giving praise/prayer Bella said " Dear God thank you for my Aunt Shannon, you know Mommy's sister". I held back my giggle and silently thanked God for my sister, she has always been my best friend, my confidant, my cheerleader and now she is a major figure in the life of my daughter. Well, this past year she became my role model, when she began training for her first half marathon.


Shannon, You dreamt it, worked hard for it, and tomorrow you will achive it. I am so proud of you!!!!!



1 comments:

mamamia April 25, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Krista,
Send Shannon my wishes. I am so impressed and proud of her. Go Shannon!

Micha

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP