April 29, 2008

Prayers needed~







Vito and I have a wonderful friend named Dominick. Those of you who have had the pleasure of meeting him know that my using the word wonderful to describe Dominick is right on the mark. He has a knack of telling a story that happen years earlier in such a humorous manner that he always solicits roars of laughter, he can throw the BEST impromptu party, he has the skill of making those around him feel comfortable and special, and he has a brilliant sense of humor. We make it a point to invite him to any party we are having for a number of reasons: he is my best helper before the party begins (this boy loves to shop and cook ~ wonderful combo in a man), he is a master at mixing cocktails, and he could entertain a snail if given the chance.
For years we lived no more than 3 miles from each other. Most mornings he would bring the girls at my branch Dunkin' Doughnut coffee (he was known as the ‘caffeine hero’) he was my shopping buddy (much to my husbands delight), he was my inspirational guru, with his word of the day and Tony Robinson CD’s, we enthusiastically began and even more enthusiastically quit working out, eating right and giving up our vices together.

Last year Dominick and his family began a heart wrenching journey when his niece Sarah was diagnosed with Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma. It has been months of time spent in the hospital, rounds of chemotherapy, radiation and in February a surgery to remove the tumor, some muscle and her fibula bone. Dominick moved back to New York to help his family out. We have missed him greatly but certainly realize that he is exactly where he needs to be. I covet your prayers for this little one and her family.


Sarah's parents keep and online journal of her progress. Here is the link: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahhyman


Dominick, always know we love and miss you. Sarah and your family are in our nightly prayers.



Pictures: March 7, 2008 of Bella and "Uncle" "Dr." Domininck, and Thanksgiving 2006

2 comments:

mamamia April 29, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

Krista,

I will keep Sarah and her family in my prayers. She is so beautiful. Tell Dominick I said "Hello!"

Micha

Bella's mama April 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

WOW... my friend Krista has this new blog site and asked me to check it out. WOW...

I was blown away. These are my BEST FRIENDS in the world.The stories I can tell... We have/had so many good times we cry when we see each other and we cry when we leave each other. We also cry from the laughs when we are together lol. They added a new friend just for me to hang with and her name is Isabella. Talk about laughs. when I get this kid laughing its hard not to crack up myself. That picture with the butterfly balloon is when the butterfly was STUCK IN MY EYE!!! She thought that was so funny... She is an absolute doll and she loves me which I think is so cool..

So that I don't have to type this over I am sending this to Krista because this is what I would have wanted to say anyway.The only reason I don't speak to Krista more often is because it reminds me of what great times we have together and that I am so crazy busy up here. Life is totally different being in New York. I think I have aged since Im here...

We are going to have to take a well deserved trip to Florida and see my other life.You will flip. I want them to meet you and you to meet them. We have the best times just doing nothing but we always end up doing something... It is like going to the land of OZ. lol

Krista post this comment for me please!

Dominick

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP