April 27, 2008

Green Goodness, in a word ~ Guacamole






We had some ripe avocados that I had bought to top our salads or slice up in a BLT (which is YUMMY!!!) But last night what I really wanted was some salty chip and Guacamole. I added cumin to my regular recipe, it was really good!!! So I thought I would share.

Guacamole

3 ripe avocados
Juice from half a lime (I used the whole thing because I like it tart and half did not render enough juice)
Half a jalapeƱo diced
One small onion diced (I used half of an onion)
Clove of garlic minced
One medium tomato, I count my tomato in half and squeeze the seeds out then dice it up
A couple of dashes of cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

Two key things when making great Guacamole are: As soon as you scope the avocados out of there shells add the juice of the lime (or lemon), it keeps it from turning brown. And don’t mash your avocados, leave them in small chunks. Mix together; serve with chips and a margarita or a mojito.

3 comments:

mamamia April 28, 2008 at 5:05 PM  

I have been looking for a good guacamole recipe. I will have to try this. Minus the salt and salty chips. Thanks for sharing!

Bella's mama April 28, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

mamamia,

I hope you enjoy it!!! let me know how it turns out.

Sunny May 26, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Love this guacamole recipe! It's my new favorite treat. You have a beautiful family and I love your blog.

Join us~

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP